pat 42
Todd 40
jazzgal 40
Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
ecco, OceanDrop, vincent
Who's Online Now
32 registered members (Mark2dBVI, jeepers, jaxon60, Memphré, magpie, Midsouth, TravelHat, eightzerobits, GeorgeC1, sugarae, xrayman67, LINNY, SXMScubaman, Standrea, ericlut, SXMBND, Kennys, bailau, CaribbeanCanadians, jazzgal, 12 invisible), 1,005 guests, and 77 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
American Airlines....again #182130
01/28/2019 03:54 PM
01/28/2019 03:54 PM
Massachusetts
boucharda Offline OP
Traveler
boucharda  Offline OP
Traveler
Massachusetts
I know I have been a tad lax in posting pics in my trip thread but I didn't want to hijack it with this....I will try (with difficulty) to be concise but it probably will be a short story)}

Booked with AA PVD-CLT-SXM.....SXM-PHL-PVD.....changed by AA to PHL down and CLT return..same times so no biggie (Sunday/Sunday two weeks apart)

PHL-SXM delayed for 90 minutes waiting to be deiced...no biggie...last leg and no connection to be missed. Wifi/entertainment worked for 10 minutes and then was not available (still over USA).....minor.

Departure from SXM.....airport was fine. got there 3 hours early (noon) and found that AA didn't open until 1230p. decent line waiting by then but had priority boarding so that helped...minor or no issue at all

Flew through the rest and got upstairs to find a decent amount of places to eat/drink (Blue Bitch Bar is there) and sit

Went right down to the gate area and had no problem finding seats...plenty at 130pm Sunday...no boarding pass check to get there

Now it begins....two, yes two, minutes before boarding it was announced that the flight will be stopping in MIA "for fuel"..no issues with fueling any other aircraft but this creates IMMEDIATE confusion and panic for those with connections...agents had no info...very close to chaos...board the bus (yes it IS first on first off) and they take us to the aircraft not reading for boarding...so we stand in a line....waiting....

We get on the plane and see a frazzled pilot and co-pilot making calls on their phones...can't wait for this...

Then a yellow vested grounds crew supervisor comes on and demonstratively states that 'This is NOT a fuel issue. There is no fuel problem. It is totally a flight crew issue"..hmmmm

Then the Captain comes on and apologizes but "because of SXM airport conditions and winds we do not have enough fuel to get to CLT and have to stop in MIA". I should note that the AA flight TO PHILLY took off with no issues five minutes before us...same type aircraft..same SXM...same wind

We take off basically right on time....then more....Captain: "Because we are stopping in MIA as the first entry point in the USA everyone will have to deplane, get their baggage, do Customs and Immigration, recheck bags and get back on the plane...you can check you connection status to see if it is doable". ...my 90 minute connection is looking bleak..oh, and you CAN'T check anything 'cuz there is no wifi over water.

We land....Captain on his phone...we wait....but we have cell coverage and find out that most have been rebooked automatically...good....but for Monday...bad. Some were booked out of MIA instead of CLT because it was a better connection...good...but,,,,,

Captain: We have been informed that we do NOT have to go through customs in MIA (duh)...good...but...those 8 passengers with rebooked MIA flights can't get off...not a happy misinformed group...they go back to their seats. Also he said that customs in CLT would normally be closed when we arrive but they agreed to stay open for us...hmmm again

After around and hour...guess what? A new Captain and co-Captain arrive on scene and the original two find their seats with us to CLT....hmmmm...fuel?

We take off and we find that our connection is for 8am the next day but not in the Main Cabin Extra seats that we paid for...minor

We land in CLT \..go to immigration and see HUNDREDS of people at immigration from other flights...hundreds...no way they would be closed...GE only had 6 of 12 terminals working but no issue..5 minutes..and then wait...and wait....one hour five minutes for our bags ..not an issue because we are toast anyway but still lame

Right after customs there are five AA agents well aware at what is going on and just give us hotel and food vouchers...great...

Go to the Clarion at 11p...restaurant and bar open 'till 1am...GREAT! Ready for wakeup at 4am...

Get the shuttle to the airport and find that TSA shut down for an emergency inspection....bad....I would not be exaggerating if I said there were thousands of travelers in huge lines waiting for security check...

Tried to print bag tags but couldn't because they were already tagged to PVD...a helpful agent brought us to a desk to override the previous tags...Great but VERY confusing...and now into the TSA line..and the Precheck line...these pics, honest, show JUST the precheck lines...precheck...you know..the short one. I won't even attempt to describe the regular lines. These are taken in the middle of the line facing one way and then the other...starts on the left and goes to the "C" and turns around to go WAAAY down to the little "B" in the distance

We did eventually get to PVD...and got a text saying they were sorry for us not getting two of our four checked bags and to set up delivery preferences ...we only checked two and we have them...obviously Sundays bags are listed as missing in action....

Sorry for all the words but it really just kept getting better and better.....I love AA

Attached Files 20190128_061654.jpg20190128_061658.jpg
Last edited by boucharda; 01/28/2019 04:02 PM.
SXM Sponsors
Re: American Airlines....again [Re: boucharda] #182135
01/28/2019 04:14 PM
01/28/2019 04:14 PM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Wow. Sounds like a lot of fun. Not.. I just have to say I feel sorry for the guy in the lower right of the first picture.. That guy is the poster child for what's screwed up about air travel these days.. Hopefully those morons in Washington resolve the situation permanently before the next deadline....

Carol Hill
Re: American Airlines....again [Re: boucharda] #182137
01/28/2019 05:13 PM
01/28/2019 05:13 PM
Newtown, CT
kim Offline
Traveler
kim  Offline
Traveler
Newtown, CT
Something is def up with those routes!! My daughter had issues 1/1/19. Sxm-phil-pvd. They removed 14 from the flight. They each received 1k and booked them on the CLT flight 20 minutes later and arrived in PVD 30 minutes earlier. Back in the day AA would go to Antigua for a “gas and go”. Strange it’s happening again!!!

Re: American Airlines....again [Re: boucharda] #182138
01/28/2019 05:26 PM
01/28/2019 05:26 PM
Brookfield, CT.
pat Offline
Traveler
pat  Offline
Traveler
Brookfield, CT.
Boucharda,

You have my sympathies as we had one of those flights with AA twenty-five or so years ago, the only difference being we had two teen-aged girls with us, no cell phones and about six hours of being stuck in the OLD terminal (with not enough chairs, inadequate airco and a plane full of unhappy campers in the terminal area along with an island ground crew who was totally useless and unaware of how they were going to resolve it...........) but after those long hours of waiting, they did FINALLY cancel our direct flight home and put us up with hotel and dinner vouchers, promising us a new plane and flight crew for a direct flight home the next morning.

When we got home, DH laughed when I told him I was writing a complaint letter to AA with a complete synopsis of our trip home, thinking it was a total waste of my time and efforts. His surprise was complete when about two months later they sent me a letter of apology and four $400.00 travel vouchers as compensation for our inconvenience on that flight home. I doubt they would be that generous today but you never know. You just never know.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."
Re: American Airlines....again [Re: Carol_Hill] #182139
01/28/2019 05:27 PM
01/28/2019 05:27 PM
Maryland/DC Metro
BeachKitten Offline
Traveler
BeachKitten  Offline
Traveler
Maryland/DC Metro
Ditto! I saw the dude rubbing his eyes and thought the picture said it all! wink

"It is good to do nothing all day, and then to rest" wink
Re: American Airlines....again [Re: boucharda] #182140
01/28/2019 05:28 PM
01/28/2019 05:28 PM
SXMWendell Offline
Traveler
SXMWendell  Offline
Traveler
Sounds like a flight/s I could be on. Scary par tis now days this could be any airline. I hate traveling by air anymore.

Can they fuel an aircraft with the passengers on board?

W

Re: American Airlines....again [Re: boucharda] #182144
01/28/2019 06:41 PM
01/28/2019 06:41 PM
Hershey, Pennsylvania
Tom Offline
Traveler
Tom  Offline
Traveler
Hershey, Pennsylvania
Lorne Michaels needs to contact you to get this on Saturday Night Live.

I guess we could start a thread about air travel nightmares but it would likely be overloaded.

My personal favorite snafu was a USAir pilot that angered a head Traffic Control Manager in SXM.
We sat on the tarmac until EVERY thing that could fly took off or landed. I mean everything from a 747 to an ultralight or a bat. We were close enough to the front to hear attendants discussing the consequences of an arrogant flight officer telling a local airport employee how to do their job.

We were given lots of stories about what delayed our departure about an hour and a half.
Of course everyone missed their connections and ended up doing an overnight in Newark, NJ. (temperature 4 degrees as I recall).
Got home the following day and sent a heated comment to USAir management. Got some sort of accommodation from USAir and always hoped that the pilot of that plane learned a lesson.
Thanks for reminding all of us that air travel has changed from being a fun experience to a test of endurance for all of us including airline personnel.
Tom G.

Re: American Airlines....again [Re: boucharda] #182150
01/28/2019 08:09 PM
01/28/2019 08:09 PM
A
Airlegs Offline
Traveler
Airlegs  Offline
Traveler
A
I followed this playing out yesterday. I am sorry for those who had to have their return plans delayed. The story was first weight, then was fuel, then was on-duty time...too many excuses for what should have been a decent flight. I saw the flight path to Miami (not the original CLT) there wasn’t a deviation-it was direct. MIA to CLT though which sounded quite bumpy but was delayed by how much? Weather definitely was an issue but ...how many other flights made it to their destinations yesterday around the same departure time, same region? My ex is a Captain for a major airline. Sometimes the COMPUTER which assigns monthly schedules (with human schedulers too) they together, miscalculate. It’s happened many times in my experience these past 15 years. Pilots by law, can’t go over “on duty time”. Many times ex was literally on a plane, physically and psychologically ready to go and suddenly they pulled him off because he would go over by 10 minutes for the monthly total. The crew is not to blame, it sucks for them too (probably more than YOU because they didn’t start their day with your flight, they’ve been flying for several legs in most instances). It’s a problem with the airline. They are stretching things too thin. And they should be notified about that. Complain! Take your business elsewhere. And you should also remind the govt it’s not ok to not fund aviation related jobs in any situation. It’s absolutely dangerous. I feel sorry for everyone but it’s another reason why I won’t pay for AA if I can avoid it. How many stories have I read the past year? Wishing you all better flights.

Last edited by Airlegs; 01/28/2019 08:15 PM.
Re: American Airlines....again [Re: Airlegs] #182153
01/28/2019 08:58 PM
01/28/2019 08:58 PM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
While I'm sure your comments are correct, I actually doubt it is in any way limited to American..

Carol Hill
Re: American Airlines....again [Re: boucharda] #182183
01/29/2019 09:21 AM
01/29/2019 09:21 AM
Rhode Island
RonDon Offline
Traveler
RonDon  Offline
Traveler
Rhode Island
Boucharda, sorry for your plight.

Next time fly Jet Blue direct BOS-SXM. Worth the drive. We gave up on USA and AA many years ago after losing vacation time or not making it home and missing work. Now if it's a very early flight we stay overnite at a stay 'n park hotel, shuttle to airport. Flight hasn't yet ever been delayed but if it ever is at least it's direct and you'll have no connection worries and eventually will get to SXM. If we have a later flight we drive to Boston use Park n Fly in Chelsea and they shuttle you to airport.

Re: American Airlines....again [Re: RonDon] #182187
01/29/2019 09:51 AM
01/29/2019 09:51 AM
Massachusetts
boucharda Offline OP
Traveler
boucharda  Offline OP
Traveler
Massachusetts
The crew is not to blame, it sucks for them too (probably more than YOU because they didn’t start their day with your flight, they’ve been flying for several legs in most instances). It’s a problem with the airline

Exactly...the crew was NOT a happy group

and:

Next time fly Jet Blue direct BOS-SXM. Worth the drive. We gave up on USA and AA many years ago after losing vacation time or not making it home and missing work. Now if it's a very early flight we stay overnite at a stay 'n park hotel, shuttle to airport. Flight hasn't yet ever been delayed but if it ever is at least it's direct and you'll have no connection worries and eventually will get to SXM. If we have a later flight we drive to Boston use Park n Fly in Chelsea and they shuttle you to airport.

That has been our normal flight for years and definitely is our preference....but it was not operating yet when we booked our flights and we were not sure it would return in time to book. I thought the AA flight from PVD (20 min ride) would be a way to get rid of some of our 250k AA miles left over from the USAir takeover..not worth it at all...but it was a learning experience....

Re: American Airlines....again [Re: boucharda] #182198
01/29/2019 11:02 AM
01/29/2019 11:02 AM
New Hampshire
H
Hdrdr911 Offline
Traveler
Hdrdr911  Offline
Traveler
H
New Hampshire
Having flown most of the carriers operating in the US, I can say that the difficulties we all experience are not exclusive to just one or two carriers. Its how the carrier deals with those passengers who have been inconvenienced that gives the carrier a good or bad reputation. In my experiance American generally does a great job with travel problems. They as well have the best routes and connections for my travel needs.

If the phone doesn't ring .... it's me
Re: American Airlines....again [Re: boucharda] #182203
01/29/2019 11:37 AM
01/29/2019 11:37 AM
Rhode Island
RonDon Offline
Traveler
RonDon  Offline
Traveler
Rhode Island
[quote
That has been our normal flight for years and definitely is our preference....but it was not operating yet when we booked our flights and we were not sure it would return in time to book. I thought the AA flight from PVD (20 min ride) would be a way to get rid of some of our 250k AA miles left over from the USAir takeover..not worth it at all...but it was a learning experience....

[/quote]

I understand. Last March we couldn't get that JB direct so we went via NY. Flights PRVD_NY couldn't do without an overnight plus outrageously expensive at the time so , since had to overnight, we drove to NY--a breeze leaving at 10:30 am. Stay n Park Hampton Inn the off no problem. Return was good too but wouldn't do it again unless we had to. Thank goodness JB now has not one but two directs on Sat. & SUn. for our March visit.

Re: American Airlines....again [Re: boucharda] #182205
01/29/2019 11:49 AM
01/29/2019 11:49 AM
S
SammyM Offline
Traveler
SammyM  Offline
Traveler
S
Amen, RonDon. Unless you live really close to Philadelphia or Charlotte I learned many years ago to use American Airlines as a last resort (if at all). No need for me to recapitulate my past experiences wit them, but in all honesty they just don't seem to care. Jet Blue is terrific, and I believe they fly every day to and from SXM from both Boston and New York's JFK. And, if Jet Blue doesn't work out because of pricing, times, etc. we have also had good success with Delta flying thru Atlanta.

Re: American Airlines....again [Re: Hdrdr911] #182209
01/29/2019 11:59 AM
01/29/2019 11:59 AM
Ohio
ruralcarrier Offline
Traveler
ruralcarrier  Offline
Traveler
Ohio
Correct.

If one flies enough, they will eventually encounter a problem. No airline is immune, including Jet Blue. They are not the darling they once were either.

Most of the country has little choice in airline or airport. You take what you can get and hope for the best.

J.D.
Re: American Airlines....again [Re: ruralcarrier] #182220
01/29/2019 12:54 PM
01/29/2019 12:54 PM
SXMWendell Offline
Traveler
SXMWendell  Offline
Traveler
Or just hope for "not too bad of a journey" I have not expected a great flight in the last few years.

W

Re: American Airlines....again [Re: Hdrdr911] #182231
01/29/2019 01:39 PM
01/29/2019 01:39 PM
Brookfield, CT.
pat Offline
Traveler
pat  Offline
Traveler
Brookfield, CT.
Originally Posted by Hdrdr911
............ Its how the carrier deals with those passengers who have been inconvenienced that gives the carrier a good or bad reputation. In my experiance American generally does a great job with travel problems.........

I have flown AA to a lot of destinations, both US and International routes, and the only times I’ve ever had problems were in SXM and in St. Thomas. I’ve been told the ground personnel in both places are other than AA employees? I don’t know if this is fact or fiction but it might have bearing on some of the problems. Or not?!

That said, I agree with ruralcarrier - if you fly often enough you’ll have issues with most of the carriers out there today. It’s not about giving their passengers a good experience but more like keeping their bottom line where they want it.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."
Re: American Airlines....again [Re: SXMWendell] #182234
01/29/2019 01:43 PM
01/29/2019 01:43 PM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Wendell--agreed. Great flights are a thing of the past! Regardless, your chance for a FUBAR goes up exponentially any time you have to connect. Those who have the ability to get a nonstop from ANYWHERE are at a great advantage. We routinely drive the 3.5 hours one way to Miami for a nonstop. It's still 2 hours one way from here even for a connecting flight, so it's not that much longer a trip, but generally worth it. The only times we have had any issues recently -- and most of our flights have been on AA -- have been connections, usually out of Tampa..

Carol Hill
Re: American Airlines....again [Re: boucharda] #182250
01/29/2019 03:16 PM
01/29/2019 03:16 PM
L
lkool Offline
lkool  Offline
L
AA changes my flights every year. Always more inconvienient. This year went online to check my flight status. My great connections from Okla City thru Charlotte to SXM changed to add stop in Miami. The touble is the connection to Miami was scheduled to leave Charlotte before I even arrived there. And I got a bill for $236 for the change. I complained to american and was told it was just the computer. So incompetant! And on way back I have 1 hoour to clear customs in Charlotte. This possible?

Re: American Airlines....again [Re: lkool] #182252
01/29/2019 03:31 PM
01/29/2019 03:31 PM
Western MA
S
SandS Offline
Traveler
SandS  Offline
Traveler
S
Western MA
If you leave St. Maarten on time & have global entry you will make it. Otherwise good luck.

Re: American Airlines....again [Re: lkool] #182258
01/29/2019 03:45 PM
01/29/2019 03:45 PM
Massachusetts
boucharda Offline OP
Traveler
boucharda  Offline OP
Traveler
Massachusetts
If you have checked bags your chances decrease dramatically. It took over an hour (usually 45 min in CLT) just to get our bags. Even with GE which might take 5 minutes you still have a decent walk to your gate...no checked bags AND GE = you will probably make it

Re: American Airlines....again [Re: boucharda] #182275
01/29/2019 04:40 PM
01/29/2019 04:40 PM
The Villages, FL
deputydog1157 Offline
Traveler
deputydog1157  Offline
Traveler
The Villages, FL
The days of air travel being something special are loooonnnnng gone. I remember when we were flying to Orlando from New York 40 years ago for our honeymoon. My wife wore a dress and heels, I had on pants, a button down shirt and shoes. Nowadays I see people getting getting on planes in their pajamas, and I'm not talking about children! Flying has become the bus line of the ski.

[Linked Image]
Re: American Airlines....again [Re: deputydog1157] #182284
01/29/2019 05:08 PM
01/29/2019 05:08 PM
Ohio
ruralcarrier Offline
Traveler
ruralcarrier  Offline
Traveler
Ohio
100% correct. It is like going to the grocery store or any big box store with regards to how people dress and the service expected and given.

About 35+ years ago when USAir had a hub in Dayton a small group of us flew first class and non-stop to San Francisco. Jacket with a nice shirt and slacks for the men and a dress or comparable for the ladies. Champaign, drinks and filet mignon served on real china! BTW, the first class upgrade was free (case of beer) as I had a friend who was an agent at the time. My how things have changed!

J.D.
Re: American Airlines....again [Re: boucharda] #182291
01/29/2019 05:37 PM
01/29/2019 05:37 PM
Winterset, Madison County, IA
madisoncty Offline
Traveler
madisoncty  Offline
Traveler
Winterset, Madison County, IA
Just returned from SXM flew Delta, against my better judgement I booked our adult kids on AA from DSM to meet us our second week.When booked, I also purchased the AA offered trip insurance. Being a little paranoid these days about air travel, I frequently check the flights; thankfully so as with no notice I discovered their return from SXM-PHL-DSM had changed and the PHL-DSM flight left 15 minutes before they landed from SXM. I called and questioned how that was possible. First time got a very helpful agent that acknowledged that it wasn't and as she looked further discovered that hardly anyone that had a connecting was going to make it. Said that just couldn't be possible and to sit tight a few days and it would be corrected. I did, it was not. Called to see what they could do for my kids, best offer was staying in PHL and arriving back to DSM 24 hrs later. Simply would not work so I cancelled the back end of that ticket, got a refund but not even close to what the first agent quoted to me, arguing and having that agents name got me no where. Re-booked their return on our Delta flight costing an extra $400 above refund from AA. Filed a claim with their insurance for the difference, denied twice. I guess they should have gotten to PHL, discovered their flight had left, found a hotel, made arrangements for additional child care, called jobs, and been very happy they maybe would make it home sometime.

Mike & Dixie
Re: American Airlines....again [Re: boucharda] #182295
01/29/2019 06:05 PM
01/29/2019 06:05 PM
Massachusetts
boucharda Offline OP
Traveler
boucharda  Offline OP
Traveler
Massachusetts
I will never figure out how a COMPUTER can book a flight that has zero chance of completion....happens all the time but how can it be programmed to ignore reality.

...I should add that I have no clue what airport DSM is but it really doesn't matter....it's the event that matters. It could be ANY airport

Last edited by boucharda; 01/29/2019 06:09 PM.
Re: American Airlines....again [Re: boucharda] #182296
01/29/2019 06:09 PM
01/29/2019 06:09 PM
Ohio
ruralcarrier Offline
Traveler
ruralcarrier  Offline
Traveler
Ohio
Originally Posted by boucharda
I will never figure out how a COMPUTER can book a flight that has zero chance of completion....happens all the time but how can it be programmed to ignore reality.

Possibly due to a human programming it and totally ignoring the FACTS?

J.D.
Re: American Airlines....again [Re: ruralcarrier] #182298
01/29/2019 06:10 PM
01/29/2019 06:10 PM
Massachusetts
boucharda Offline OP
Traveler
boucharda  Offline OP
Traveler
Massachusetts
Garbage in....garbage out

Re: American Airlines....again [Re: boucharda] #182299
01/29/2019 06:11 PM
01/29/2019 06:11 PM
Ohio
ruralcarrier Offline
Traveler
ruralcarrier  Offline
Traveler
Ohio
Otherwise known as GIGO. I learned that way back when in a "Intro to Date Processing" class I took.

J.D.
Re: American Airlines....again [Re: ruralcarrier] #182303
01/29/2019 06:19 PM
01/29/2019 06:19 PM
Massachusetts
boucharda Offline OP
Traveler
boucharda  Offline OP
Traveler
Massachusetts
AA must have been cost saving and skipped that class...

Re: American Airlines....again [Re: ruralcarrier] #182304
01/29/2019 06:20 PM
01/29/2019 06:20 PM
Auburn, WA
SXMScubaman Online content
Traveler
SXMScubaman  Online Content
Traveler
Auburn, WA
Another one of them abbreviations.

Re: American Airlines....again [Re: boucharda] #182371
01/30/2019 12:32 AM
01/30/2019 12:32 AM
the Long Island
the captain Offline
Traveler
the captain  Offline
Traveler
the Long Island
Doesn’t just apply to flying. My patients come to exams in PJs and slippers, thong underwear showin, no bras.....
Why bother with Brushed hair or teeth, all optional. . Sweatpants.....

People don’t know where to draw the line with self respect and yet they are the first to jump on the PC wagon....

Re: American Airlines....again [Re: RonDon] #182388
01/30/2019 08:27 AM
01/30/2019 08:27 AM
Hershey, Pennsylvania
Tom Offline
Traveler
Tom  Offline
Traveler
Hershey, Pennsylvania
Fewer stay and park hotels offer the terms we enjoyed in the past. My daughter just paid $216 for parking a week at airport Marriott in Philly.

Re: American Airlines....again [Re: Tom] #182392
01/30/2019 08:35 AM
01/30/2019 08:35 AM
Ohio
ruralcarrier Offline
Traveler
ruralcarrier  Offline
Traveler
Ohio
Correct. I was checking a couple of week ago for friends and found almost all the hotels near two of the airports I checked had rates within $5 of each other. They also only offered 5 days of free parking but the "Park, Stay and Fly" package was substantially higher than just booking a room. Additional days of paid parking made it just about the same as parking at the airport.

J.D.
Re: American Airlines....again [Re: Tom] #182396
01/30/2019 08:52 AM
01/30/2019 08:52 AM
Rhode Island
RonDon Offline
Traveler
RonDon  Offline
Traveler
Rhode Island
Originally Posted by Tom
Fewer stay and park hotels offer the terms we enjoyed in the past. My daughter just paid $216 for parking a week at airport Marriott in Philly.

Agree. This year we're changing our hotel of choice to another because their website reads a price for stay and park 1 week another for 2 weeks and a third for 3 weeks and the 2 week is MORE than the 3 week so I called them thinking it was a computer posting error and they said it was correct because more people stay 2 than for 3--demand. I asked what if we booked the 3 then stayed only 2 ? would they change the price? She said she didn't know.

Re: American Airlines....again [Re: boucharda] #182413
01/30/2019 10:26 AM
01/30/2019 10:26 AM
New Hampshire
H
Hdrdr911 Offline
Traveler
Hdrdr911  Offline
Traveler
H
New Hampshire
Everyone has a story it seems. Had my fair share as well. I know several pilots and flight attendants , my best friend flies for Air Canada, you should hear the stories they tell about us passengers.

If the phone doesn't ring .... it's me