Boucharda,

You have my sympathies as we had one of those flights with AA twenty-five or so years ago, the only difference being we had two teen-aged girls with us, no cell phones and about six hours of being stuck in the OLD terminal (with not enough chairs, inadequate airco and a plane full of unhappy campers in the terminal area along with an island ground crew who was totally useless and unaware of how they were going to resolve it...........) but after those long hours of waiting, they did FINALLY cancel our direct flight home and put us up with hotel and dinner vouchers, promising us a new plane and flight crew for a direct flight home the next morning.

When we got home, DH laughed when I told him I was writing a complaint letter to AA with a complete synopsis of our trip home, thinking it was a total waste of my time and efforts. His surprise was complete when about two months later they sent me a letter of apology and four $400.00 travel vouchers as compensation for our inconvenience on that flight home. I doubt they would be that generous today but you never know. You just never know.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."