Member Spotlight
Aries4
Aries4
Morrisville, PA/West End, Tortola
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
bvibev, jimma4191
Who's Online Now
7 registered members (Instigator, SXMScubaman, EdB, StMartinFan, fabila, cbf, 1 invisible), 654 guests, and 79 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Wonderful forum #184723
02/19/2019 05:45 PM
02/19/2019 05:45 PM
B
bran Offline OP
Traveler
bran  Offline OP
Traveler
B
Great to find this forum. Been visiting now for 40 years on and off and obviously there are many here who are regulars as well, so thanks for all the information you provide. Learnt a lot that I didn't previously know.
Many thanks and keep up the good work. Back in May for three weeks. One comment if I may as others have cautioned against it.....We always rent a Villa in Terres Basses and many nights go to Grand Case to eat and never experienced coming back in the dark any problems going through Sandy ground to Nettle Bay area. In fact love it, as you can usually put your foot down just before Nettle bay and its a straight run, no people or traffic to Terres Basses and it only takes me about 20-25 minutes...going through Marigot then over the bridge, airport, golf course area, Cupecoy then TB would be too far and the one area I don't much care for is through the Golf Course. But never once have we found a problem at night in Marigot or elsewhere although don't look for trouble and do not wander the streets on foot but usually home by 9pm. Just use common sense and that applies to anywhere in the world.

Pleased to learn from a poster here that La Cigale has re-opened..their Foie Gras soup is unbelievable and never made it to Escape pre-Irma in Maho so will try this out if they have opened by the time we get there. Glad to hear that Maho is coming alive again but miss Sherry's, only because they did an incredible Bushwacker there. Must try the hole in the wall, still not quite sure where its at but have always found parking very difficult in that area.
Lastly, as others have mentioned. Never leave your luggage in the car. Agreed. So on our last day and as the plane doesn't leave until around 4pm..go early to our car rental agency, drop off all the luggage, and then have a long lunch without worry, only to drop the car off and luggage loaded onto the van that takes us to the airport.
Bon Voyage to all.

SXM Sponsors
Re: Wonderful forum [Re: bran] #184743
02/19/2019 09:09 PM
02/19/2019 09:09 PM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
bran--Welcome. Looking forward to hearing about your trip in May.

Carol Hill
Re: Wonderful forum [Re: bran] #184748
02/19/2019 09:35 PM
02/19/2019 09:35 PM
Portland, OR
jazzgal Offline
Traveler
jazzgal  Offline
Traveler
Portland, OR
Escape is back open.

[Linked Image]
Re: Wonderful forum [Re: bran] #184749
02/19/2019 09:53 PM
02/19/2019 09:53 PM
U
Uksimonusa Offline
Traveler
Uksimonusa  Offline
Traveler
U
Originally Posted by bran
Great to find this forum. Been visiting now for 40 years on and off and obviously there are many here who are regulars as well, so thanks for all the information you provide. Learnt a lot that I didn't previously know.
Many thanks and keep up the good work. Back in May for three weeks. One comment if I may as others have cautioned against it.....We always rent a Villa in Terres Basses and many nights go to Grand Case to eat and never experienced coming back in the dark any problems going through Sandy ground to Nettle Bay area. In fact love it, as you can usually put your foot down just before Nettle bay and its a straight run, no people or traffic to Terres Basses and it only takes me about 20-25 minutes...going through Marigot then over the bridge, airport, golf course area, Cupecoy then TB would be too far and the one area I don't much care for is through the Golf Course. But never once have we found a problem at night in Marigot or elsewhere although don't look for trouble and do not wander the streets on foot but usually home by 9pm. Just use common sense and that applies to anywhere in the world.

Pleased to learn from a poster here that La Cigale has re-opened..their Foie Gras soup is unbelievable and never made it to Escape pre-Irma in Maho so will try this out if they have opened by the time we get there. Glad to hear that Maho is coming alive again but miss Sherry's, only because they did an incredible Bushwacker there. Must try the hole in the wall, still not quite sure where its at but have always found parking very difficult in that area.
Lastly, as others have mentioned. Never leave your luggage in the car. Agreed. So on our last day and as the plane doesn't leave until around 4pm..go early to our car rental agency, drop off all the luggage, and then have a long lunch without worry, only to drop the car off and luggage loaded onto the van that takes us to the airport.
Bon Voyage to all.

Escape in Jordan Village/Cupecoy is open, the Hole in the Wall, a great place on a Friday Night, is about 4 stores before Maho Pharmacy if you are coming from the Airport. Best place to park for Hole in the Wall is to go past the Pharmacy into the Platinum Club and Medical center parking lot, normally spaces there

Re: Wonderful forum [Re: Uksimonusa] #184822
02/20/2019 12:12 PM
02/20/2019 12:12 PM
B
bran Offline OP
Traveler
bran  Offline OP
Traveler
B
Thx all...........