Just returned from a " pop up" trip to the island. Some general observations follow.
The Airport. Still a mess but being run as efficiently as possible.
Mont Vernon. The road in is being repaired. On island time, but its a lot better. The property is in sad shape, if this was located in the States or Canada, I have no doubt it would be condemned. Our unit, thankfully had been fully restored and had a fabulous view.
Orient Village. Pretty much back , restaurants open and busy, Yellow Sub and La Piment as good as ever.
Orient Beach bars. Kon Tiki is amazing although extremely slow with food service. Bikini is fun and active. Didnt get to the other one now open.
Construction on Orient. Progressing well. Infrastructure is being placed and yes also on island time.
Club O. In a word heartbreaking. There are squatters, we saw them, and perverts one masterbating in a destroyed beach chalet, attempting to get my wifes attention. Sick. The destruction is overwhelming and no one really knows whats happening with a plan for rebuilding. The locals I know and talked with are not optimistic.
Club O beach. Cannot say enough about the job Cedrick and his crew have done. Perch Lite is awesome and the food is better than ever. Parking is free for now but that is changing I am told by a staff member who directs the parking presently. The bathrooms are clean and functional. Everyones favorite topic of photography is being handled as it was before with Cedrick and company insuring the privacy of those on the beach. There is the odd vendor that trys to come and sell thier wares but Cedrick chases them off. He personally told my wife and I it is mainly because they steal from beach goers and they deal in stolen property.

If the phone doesn't ring .... it's me