Member Spotlight
Angelface
Angelface
Washington, DC/SXM
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
ecco, OceanDrop, vincent
Who's Online Now
40 registered members (mark37, charlie, SXMBND, JandIrene, GeorgeC1, pl3, SeaLady29, Kennys, CaribbeanCanadians, ChiTownHarry, Kevin_B, jrw, RickinAtlanta, Beansbbq, Kiles41, ColoBoater, Halcyon, Zanshin, Kathleen, SXMScubaman, bailau, SURICK, OceanSong, JerseyPal, eightzerobits, CJIMI, Donaegada, blooming, Fletch, cabokid, 10 invisible), 909 guests, and 59 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Peglegs Restaurant (Nanny Cay) #198505
06/24/2019 11:42 AM
06/24/2019 11:42 AM
Mebane, NC
mriley4955 Offline OP
Traveler
mriley4955  Offline OP
Traveler
Mebane, NC
I have been following the rebuilding of Nanny Cay however I have not seen anything that talks about the restaurant PegLegs! I know they serve dinner under a tent on the beach but I'm wondering if they are planning or are already rebuilding the original structure of the restaurant. Thanks for any insight on their plans.

I spent all my money on "Boats", "Broads", and "Booze"; the rest I wasted!

[Linked Image]
BVI Sponsors
Re: Peglegs Restaurant (Nanny Cay) [Re: mriley4955] #198507
06/24/2019 11:56 AM
06/24/2019 11:56 AM
Grenada
Zanshin Online content
Traveler
Zanshin  Online Content
Traveler
Grenada
The Peg Legs bar is doing great business and has expanded their business to many tables - the kitchen as well as the makeshift BBQ tent are open. But there is no sign of construction going on to rebuild the second floor to replace what used to be the restaurant.

[Linked Image]
Re: Peglegs Restaurant (Nanny Cay) [Re: mriley4955] #198539
06/24/2019 03:37 PM
06/24/2019 03:37 PM
Dana Point
C
captdennyj Offline
Traveler
captdennyj  Offline
Traveler
C
Dana Point
No worries, zan is right on,

We were there a few weeks ago, and Peglegs bar and restaurant were doing great. Super staff, great food and drinks, and met lots of really neat and interesting
patrons. Some sailors, some power caters, some professional skippers, some folks on skippered catamarans. Also, local residents, and in two occasions residents and their dogs.

It was very upbeat and family friendly, with many crews eating lunches and dinner out at the tables near the beach.

Overall, Nanny Cay looked in great condition. The new marina is fantastic , as are the slips available at the original marina as well . The marina offices, land showers, swimming pool, beach, and slips and staff
were really great.. .

Fresh water was available at our slip.

Actually, as we entered the buoyed entrance to the new marina, Erica, called the marina office, and they assisted us with a slip assignment....November 5 and to set up our fenders and dock lines to starboard,.

As we slowly approached our slip, the dock master and the skipper of a 62 ft, Catamaran ( Matt), were standing by to take our dock lines. All secured, the dock master slides some dock steps up
along our hull, to make stepping off , or back on the vessel easy. How cool is this.

I mentioned that we need fresh water for the boat tanks, and he told us to check in with the marina office in person. We did. What a pleasant welcoming experience, the gals out the desk were great.

We went a hunting for Peg Legs, and met Debora, a vivacious and up beat fun bartender, and then just kept meeting new people.

Got back to the boat , and the dock master had a hose and meter all set up for us to top off our tanks.

Nanny Cay was another first for us, and we were very pleased to spend a couple of nights there. .

Oh, it was my birthday, and we asked about a dinner house for a special dinner out. They recommended BRANDYWINE......Momma come get your baby boy....Brandywine may the the absolute best
restaurant, with marvelous staff, the best prime rib we found in the BVI. . Plus excellent and very friendly service, and the chef / owner came out to visit with us, as well as other patrons.

We highly recommend, Nanny Cay, Peg Legs beach bar and restaurant and Brandywine...( Oh,, and the marina office set up our reservations for brandywine and ordered the taxi ( round trip ).

Point being, Nanny Cay has recovered from Irma, the new marina is open, as well as the old, and we think you will enjoy your stay there, land or by boat.

Denny and Erica