Member Spotlight
Angelface
Angelface
Washington, DC/SXM
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
ecco, OceanDrop, vincent
Who's Online Now
37 registered members (CaribbeanCanadians, Cap’n Rog, eightzerobits, SXMScubaman, JandIrene, ChiTownHarry, jrw, RickinAtlanta, SXMbeacher, mark37, charlie, SXMBND, GeorgeC1, pl3, SeaLady29, Kennys, Kevin_B, Beansbbq, Kiles41, ColoBoater, Halcyon, Zanshin, Kathleen, bailau, SURICK, OceanSong, JerseyPal, 10 invisible), 939 guests, and 58 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Clearing out of BVI’s #199303
07/05/2019 02:23 PM
07/05/2019 02:23 PM
C
captaugie Offline OP
Traveler
captaugie  Offline OP
Traveler
C
Do all the passengers have to go to Customs to clear out?

BVI Sponsors
Re: Clearing out of BVI’s [Re: captaugie] #199304
07/05/2019 02:53 PM
07/05/2019 02:53 PM
Apex, NC
agrimsrud Offline
Traveler
agrimsrud  Offline
Traveler
Apex, NC
I don't know about land based. Boat based the captain goes in with the passports plus departure cards for each passport plus the green sheet from customs.

When we cleared in a couple of weeks ago they screwed up. Customs thought we were checking in/out at the same time but immigration wanted us to clear out. Customs kept our green sheet when we checked in. So when we went to check out they wanted the green sheet again. I told them they already had it. They made me fill in the long form all over again.

Life's short - sail more!
Re: Clearing out of BVI’s [Re: captaugie] #199307
07/05/2019 03:11 PM
07/05/2019 03:11 PM
Dana Point
C
captdennyj Offline
Traveler
captdennyj  Offline
Traveler
C
Dana Point
Clearing out of the BVI......

Easy.

We took the Road Town Fast Ferry over to Charolotte Amalie from Road Town.

I believe we paid our exit fee at the RTFF desk. Our bags , one duffel each, were taken by the RTFF personnel and
would be loaded on board.

When flying out of LIH, to SJU, or where ever, also easy. Got there early, to fly Cape Air ( previous trips ) .....and checked in at
the Customs / Immigration window and gave them our $ 20.00 each. No line.

However, and this has been mentioned before...

Arrival at St. Thomas, from the ferry, there was a bit of a line for the ferry passengers to go thru C/I along with turning in a form, that we filled out during the passage after leaving Road Town. Our bags may have
been inspected, but we did not witness that.

Going thru St. Thomas back to the Mainland.

Then came the beast line after slow line at Saint Thomas airport, Traveling AA .... STT, MIA, LAX.

We were told to allow three hours before our flight. We did. Saint Thomas Airport, after coming from the BVI, was a chaotic mess. But, we saved a lot of yankee green by going thru STT and taking the ferry R/T .

Lines at American STT desk......lines at customs, lines to deposit our two duffels to go thru inspection and to the plane, lines thru TSA, and maybe one other line, in all that mess.
Took a couple of hours, and those lines were long, long and winding back and forth.

By the time we were done with all of that , we made a direct approach to the bar near our gate, found the last two stools, and plunked our bones down for a kick back adult libation reward.
We relaxed and talked story about our fabulous 2 weeks of sailing the BVI. All positive. Great BVI vacation.

We were glad that we listened to the STT advice to be there early .....took all of the possible worries out of missing our flight.

Those federal agencies were very thorough, and did not miss much.

Last edited by captdennyj; 07/05/2019 03:19 PM.
Re: Clearing out of BVI’s [Re: captaugie] #199317
07/05/2019 05:14 PM
07/05/2019 05:14 PM
Ontario, Canada
warren460 Offline
Traveler
warren460  Offline
Traveler
Ontario, Canada
Denny,

I may be wrong but I think that the OP implied clearing out in a charter boat or private boat.

Warren S/V Scuba Doo
Lagoon 50 (winner of best crewed yacht under 55 feet at the St. Thomas crewed yacht boat show).

https://www.cyabrochure.com/ebn/2307/pdyrX/6642/4///
Re: Clearing out of BVI’s [Re: agrimsrud] #199326
07/05/2019 07:45 PM
07/05/2019 07:45 PM
Michigan
rhans Offline
Traveler
rhans  Offline
Traveler
Michigan
Originally Posted by agrimsrud
I don't know about land based. Boat based the captain goes in with the passports plus departure cards for each passport plus the green sheet from customs.

When we cleared in a couple of weeks ago they screwed up. Customs thought we were checking in/out at the same time but immigration wanted us to clear out. Customs kept our green sheet when we checked in. So when we went to check out they wanted the green sheet again. I told them they already had it. They made me fill in the long form all over again.

West End?

Re: Clearing out of BVI’s [Re: rhans] #199327
07/05/2019 07:48 PM
07/05/2019 07:48 PM
Apex, NC
agrimsrud Offline
Traveler
agrimsrud  Offline
Traveler
Apex, NC
Originally Posted by rhans
Originally Posted by agrimsrud

West End?

Yup. They are always friendly and helpful there...... (sarcasm)

Life's short - sail more!