|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,950
Posts342,010
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 2,734
Joined: March 2008
|
|
|
13 members (Islandercpl, S/Y Mockingbird, Scostello, DaveinFL, calle313, KDE12603, SXMScubaman, nevar37, tangerine3, eyknoll, StMartinFan, SharonfromSXM, 1 invisible),
407
guests, and
137
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 121
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 121 |
I'm curious which anchor alarm apps sailors are using. I like simplicity and reliability and would welcome a few recommendations. Thanks!
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 109
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 109 |
Hi Jim ... I use Drag Queen. I like the "Late Set Position" for when you forget to set position when you first drop the hook (i.e. before you payout appropriate scope)
Thanks! - Mark (S/V ORION)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 949
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 949 |
"Anchor Alarm" has worked well for me. Has Late Set feature as well.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 121
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 121 |
Mark and Wes:
Thanks for the recommendations! We'll be in the BVI for 3 full weeks starting this Friday and I'll try out both.
Jim S/V Ocean Song
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 16
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 16 |
Hi! Wondering which you used and which you felt worked better?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,534 Likes: 6
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,534 Likes: 6 |
Same question for Android please...I use "My Anchor Watch" but wondering if something better
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 845 Likes: 2
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 845 Likes: 2 |
Go Irish!!
Bill
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 121
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 121 |
We have ended up using two, Anchor Time and Anchor Alarm. My wife uses one and I use the other so that we always have two different alarms operating on our respective phones. We also set our B&G anchor alarm, so in reality we are using three, but the B&G might be difficult to hear in our cabin.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|