Member Spotlight
MrTim-BTV
MrTim-BTV
Essex Junction, VT
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online Now
32 registered members (camview, Fletch, sunmantwo, WWII, louismcc, DICKG, foreversxm, taraavo, Bernd, biminis, duke63, ericlut, Compskier, KirkB, SXMScubaman, charlie, Kmon, TC42, timnboston, Mbrott, SXMBND, xrayman67, cwoody, Fran, GeorgeC1, 7 invisible), 787 guests, and 80 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
FRANCE part 4 #204424
09/12/2019 04:55 PM
09/12/2019 04:55 PM
VIRGINIA
B
BEERMAN Offline OP
Traveler
BEERMAN  Offline OP
Traveler
B
VIRGINIA
FRANCE, August 2019

It was wonderful spending time with our daughter, even if it was just for a few days. It's always a "Party of 3" when we are together! We grabbed a nice coffee at a cafe just outside our door, said our au revoir's, then she shuffled away to fly and rejoin with her grad school roommate for a trip to Ireland. These 2 deserved this getaway, 2 hard working young ladies!

[Linked Image]

Now we could have planned to spend our last full day in Nice catching trains to other towns, but Nice has so much to offer, why not spend a relaxing day taking it all in?! The skies were blue and temps were comfortably in the 80's, with walking shoes on, we walked! We discovered a large colorful Saturday Farmers Market in Old Nice. I think one of my pic's show Donna unknowingly shopping beside Harrison Ford, you be the judge, is it him? The orderly market offered everything from produce, flowers, meats, cheeses to oil paintings. I sorta wish I had planned to cook dinner here! We did purchase some large dried porcini's to bring home, hard to find large ones at home, yum!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

After the market we grabbed brunch in Old Nice, then climbed the steps to the top of "Castle Hill". TomB there is an elevator for Janet from what I hear. The views on top have to be best in town, sweeping from all of Nice to Antibes, the Port de Nice to Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Spent lots of time walking in and around Old Nice, shopping and history blended beautifully together. We happened upon the mid 18th century Baroque style Catholic church Eglise Saint Francois de Paul, beautiful. We visit many churches and cathedrals on our travels, lighting a candle and saying a prayer is always in order for this former alter boy. Fyi, when we returned from this trip my 82 year old mom was in a terrible 40 mph t-bone accident, car totaled, but she and the puppy survived with just aches and pains. Then she had a heart procedure last Friday, all's well, but I must light more candles.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

We decided to escape the always present sunshine and grab a couple cold drinks. Not sure of the beach restaurant we chose, but the atmosphere was great, beers cold and cool shade! Donna wanted to stack rocks so we decided to go back to the room and grab our bathing suits, perfect beach day!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

As the sun began to set we got ready for dinner. We found a few empty tables at La Taverne Massena, Host asked inside or out? A/C please!! This place was a great choice this evening. The staff operates like a well oiled machine! The food was fantastic, started with our first ever order of frog legs (very tasty) and finished with creme brulee'! Took a long evening stroll along the quiet Promenade des Anglais to work off some of that wonderful meal.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

To be continued..........

Sponsors
Re: FRANCE part 4 [Re: BEERMAN] #204432
09/12/2019 07:56 PM
09/12/2019 07:56 PM
Virginia wishing STJ
TomB Offline
Traveler
TomB  Offline
Traveler
Virginia wishing STJ
Another wonderful installment!
Thanks for all the wonderful insight and hints for our upcoming trip.

As always you capture the moment in your pics.
Your last shot of Le Negresco is very close to our apartment.
I am saying no to Harrison Ford... But I am wrong frequently. cheers

Janet's knee is getting better every day, but the elevator may be the best way to the top.

Where to next?

“Every time I open a bottle of wine, it is an amazing trip somewhere!” José Andrés
Re: FRANCE part 4 [Re: BEERMAN] #204438
09/13/2019 05:07 AM
09/13/2019 05:07 AM
JAX
jphart Offline
Traveler
jphart  Offline
Traveler
JAX
Wonderful as always from BEERMAN!

Ford wouldn’t have a murse.

Re: FRANCE part 4 [Re: jphart] #204488
09/13/2019 04:07 PM
09/13/2019 04:07 PM
VIRGINIA
B
BEERMAN Offline OP
Traveler
BEERMAN  Offline OP
Traveler
B
VIRGINIA
Thanks JP, he might just have a Ruger in that murse from his clear and present danger days! My wife said no as well, she also said he'd have more wrinkles?

Tom thanks as usual, and we will be driving to Annecy in part 5, beautiful place!

Last edited by BEERMAN; 09/13/2019 04:09 PM.
Re: FRANCE part 4 [Re: BEERMAN] #204500
09/13/2019 09:53 PM
09/13/2019 09:53 PM
Middle Tennessee
T
TravelHat Offline
Traveler
TravelHat  Offline
Traveler
T
Middle Tennessee
Mmmmmm. Porcini