Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,064
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 31
RonDon 28
mahokid 27
erb923 25
GaKaye 20
kim 18
Member Spotlight
timnboston
timnboston
Beverly MA (Boston's North Shore)
Posts: 536
Joined: November 2006
Today's Birthdays
MassExodus, mayhem
Who's Online Now
13 members (Compskier, tangerine3, Rumlover, S/Y Mockingbird, foreversxm, Jeannius, SXMScubaman, RickG, CaribbeanCanadians, MT13, 3 invisible), 349 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#209547 11/20/2019 11:58 PM
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 26
F
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
F
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 26
Dumb question...

As we all know the National Parks have color coded mooring bouy’s for daytime use. reddish-orange for non-diving, white for diving. Can someone please define diving for me? Does this include scuba, snorkeling, swimmimg?

Yes, I’m an idiot!!!

Last edited by Five Faces; 11/21/2019 12:10 AM.
BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Can’t remember the last time I saw a white ball but yes it is for diving with scuba gear. All balls have a 90 minute limit.
G

Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 26
F
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
F
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 26
Thank you for your reply, so if we are just snorkeling we must use the reddish-orange no dive moorings and avoid the white dive only moorings, correct?

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,040
N
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
N
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,040
Originally Posted by Five Faces
Thank you for your reply, so if we are just snorkeling we must use the reddish-orange no dive moorings and avoid the white dive only moorings, correct?


No, you just have to snorkel below the surface and run a dive flag. Then you are diving.

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
There are not any white only balls that I have seen so it’s a bit of a moot point. You will find only red day use balls and yellow commercial dive balls.
G

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 182
Likes: 1
F
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
F
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 182
Likes: 1
If you think that's the dumbest question ever asked on this forum, you haven't been around very long.

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,350
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,350
"Do those rocks go all the way to the bottom?" - the winner in my sailing time.

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
I once had a newbie ask me what currency the BVI used. I explained that they used the US dollar. She replied that that was convenient and then asked what the exchange rate would be!

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,760
Likes: 15
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,760
Likes: 15
Originally Posted by GeorgeC1
I once had a newbie ask me what currency the BVI used. I explained that they used the US dollar. She replied that that was convenient and then asked what the exchange rate would be!


"You give me $2 I'll exchange it for $1" smile

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,003
S
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
S
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,003
Originally Posted by GeorgeC1
I once had a newbie ask me what currency the BVI used. I explained that they used the US dollar. She replied that that was convenient and then asked what the exchange rate would be!

Sounds like my ex.

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 296
K
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
K
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 296
I would guess the balls at the sites too deep to snorkel are white, like Wreck Alley?

Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 357
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 357
Thanks for the laughs Local Sailor and George!! rofl

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
There are no white balls.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5