Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,952
Posts342,043
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 31
mahokid 30
RonDon 29
erb923 27
kim 18
Member Spotlight
fabila
fabila
Yonkers, NY
Posts: 7,640
Joined: January 2002
Today's Birthdays
FrogtownRoadCat3
Who's Online Now
12 members (rickl454, MrWhiskerssammy, Caribob, GettingThere, Rover, tpcook, S/Y Mockingbird, Rumlover, NumberCruncher, 3 invisible), 393 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 9
J
josabo1 Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
J
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 9
Hello,

I'd like to sail from Soper's Hole to the Indians. Do I have to keep the US/BVI border on starboard or can I cut through U.S. territorial waters without getting into trouble?

Thanks for any advice!

BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 182
Likes: 1
F
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
F
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 182
Likes: 1
No problem. It's called innocent passage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innocent_passage

Just don't dump your holding tank on the US side.

Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 9
J
josabo1 Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
J
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 9
Great, thank you!

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,350
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,350
Originally Posted by FLJim
No problem. It's called innocent passage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innocent_passage

Just don't dump your holding tank on the US side.


So the preferred holding tank dumping area is on the BVI side??

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 182
Likes: 1
F
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
F
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 182
Likes: 1
I don't make the rules (3nm offshore for US, wherever for BVI), I just follow them.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5