Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


SXM Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors SXM Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,963
Posts342,152
Members27,646
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
GaKaye 26
RonDon 21
bran 18
kim 18
erb923 15
Kennys 14
Member Spotlight
CaptnAndy
CaptnAndy
Reno, NV USA
Posts: 277
Joined: March 2008
Today's Birthdays
tag2some
Who's Online Now
8 members (sxm1986, Sxmroyalislander, SXMScubaman, b8taone1, Rumlover, 3 invisible), 599 guests, and 33 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,674
Likes: 4
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,674
Likes: 4
I set out this morning at 6am to travel a 10 mile radius of my house to check out the supply of popular items. Every store is out of Hand sanitizer and rubbing alcohol. Lysol and other wipes stock is very low and almost gone. Toilet paper is in stock but the 20 roll packages are gone. I saw a woman with 6 cases of bottled water (24 in a case) on line. That was all she had in her cart. People are getting worried. No masks available anywhere even in the paint dept. of hardware stores.
I believe this panic is because people don't know how bad this spread can get. Have enough food and water for a month but don't hoard more than I need. Hoarding and buying more than you need leaves others with nothing.

SXM Sponsors
.
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,281
Likes: 192
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,281
Likes: 192
Seriously? Hoarding water????????????? And toilet paper?? Ridiculous.


Carol Hill
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,674
Likes: 4
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,674
Likes: 4
The toiletpaper panic buying is strange but one of the big box stores has put a limit on how much rice and sugar a member can buy? If I had to live off rice... I would make rice pudding! Yum!

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,281
Likes: 192
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,281
Likes: 192
Rice and sugar?? Wow. People are stupid.


Carol Hill
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,674
Likes: 4
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,674
Likes: 4
In my super market that I go to mostly I noticed a sale on my favorite frozen Chinese food entree. I don't want to mention the brand but it is good and is normally $9.99 a package. The sale was 2/ for $6. and a free appetizer from the same company.
I have a friend who lives off chinese food and said the chinese take out he goes to is 80% off their regular business. People are stupid. I didn't buy my favorite beef with broccoli so maybe this is affecting even me?


Moderated by  Eric_Hill, modct, ruralcarrier 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5