Member Spotlight
pat
pat
Brookfield, CT.
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
ecco, OceanDrop, vincent
Who's Online Now
40 registered members (UncleLuff, eightzerobits, duckfat, timnboston, MKGrey, caribbeangirl13, charlie, Travel Talker, Manpot, deliveryskipper, WWII, diver67, StMartinFan, steve74, Kathleen, RickinAtlanta, Memphré, nevar37, KirkB, SacoFrank, MrEZgoin, Alltech63, cabokid, VirginGordaResident, ColoBoater, pony600, BillDauterive, SoakInSaltwater, foreversxm, Bigdaddy, 10 invisible), 1,043 guests, and 73 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Trip CXL by American #222881
03/26/2020 07:00 AM
03/26/2020 07:00 AM
East Haven, CT
Wingman Offline OP
Traveler
Wingman  Offline OP
Traveler
East Haven, CT
Good morning all, I was supposed to go down to SXM yesterday. I had tickets booked on American since last summer using miles. We were going from BDL(Hartford) - CLT - SXM and the return flight was the same coming back. About a day or 2 after the ban was announced by the SXM Government, I got a cancellation notice from American, except, they canceled CLT - SXM and left the BDL - CLT. I Got a good chuckle out of that, typical airline logic. Like many of you last week, going on their website there was the note about heavy calls coming in, if you aren't traveling within 72 hours, please wait. I was planning on dealing with it on Tuesday, the day before the flight. Tuesday morning I got a call from American, a live agent no less, asking me if I'd like to re-book on a later date or if I'd like to have the miles returned to my account. I asked for the miles to be returned to my account. She then told me that the miles would be restored within 2-3 days and the taxes and fees would be credited to my credit card in 7-15 days. The phone call was about 5 minutes tops.

Needless to say I was quite pleasantly surprised as I was expecting a frustrating phone call with them. My advice to others that have near future reservations that you haven't dealt with yet, give them some time.

SXM Sponsors
Re: Trip CXL by American [Re: Wingman] #222892
03/26/2020 08:48 AM
03/26/2020 08:48 AM
Brookfield, CT.
pat Offline
Traveler
pat  Offline
Traveler
Brookfield, CT.
Thank you for sharing that, Mike.

Our April flight to SXM was also to have been on American and I had exactly the same experience. We had booked one way First Class tickets connecting through CLT and our CLT to SXM leg was cancelled. AA couldn’t have been any nicer and issued a full credit refund to our credit card, unlike Jet Blue who is still maintaining the Force Majeure rule applies here and they are using it to weasel out of returning people’s hard earned money, issuing travel bank credits for a year from the original date of purchase.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."
Re: Trip CXL by American [Re: Wingman] #222894
03/26/2020 09:08 AM
03/26/2020 09:08 AM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Thanks for posting, Mike. I agree that American and Delta have dealt with this situation well. Jet Blue, not so much. We're not due to fly until the end of May. Our flight is still listed as of right now and we booked last August, and so if we wanted to re-book, we wouldn't have much time. Two months from now is an eon, so no telling what the situation will be by then.

Carol Hill
Re: Trip CXL by American [Re: Carol_Hill] #222900
03/26/2020 09:41 AM
03/26/2020 09:41 AM
Connecticut
The_Lurker Offline
Traveler
The_Lurker  Offline
Traveler
Connecticut
I already responded to Mike--who I am happy is home and not caught up with the travel frenzy !

Just wanted to mention that Delta still has our flight, in April, on their schedule, so we can't deal with
other traveling issues until that is cancelled.
Just waiting patiently, and praying that everyone stays well.
We are in a hot spot in Fairfield County!