Well this is my 1st detailed trip report using pictures so I hope you enjoy it!

June 27th to July 5th TTOL Flotilla, DPR and Anegada Lobsta Regatta!

June 27th, off to a bad start with Spirit Airlines. Delayed 3 hours due to crew over time night before. You would think they would put fuel on the plane that morning knowing we are already late.. nope, put it on just as we are boarding 3 hours late. Had to get back off plane. Then the pilot shows up 15 minutes before the new scheduled departure time... go figure. Long story short we actually make our connection in FLL and get to STT by 5:30pm for sleep aboard at CYOA on a 2011 36 Mahe called Azzurra.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Kirsten from CYOA state side kept in contact with us all day to make sure we were going to make it to the base that day and if not they would be ready for us the next. Upon arrival, after the base closed, the boat was ready and a nice chilly 75 degrees! A few notes were left for us pertaining to dinning, provisioning and also the code for the very nice bath houses! Hot water all day long thanks to continuous water heater!! Went down the street to Peublos to provision. The store manager gave us a ride back in her jeep! very cool! We planned to rent a car and provision at Cost You Less but being late we passed on the car. However it would be cheaper to rent the car instead of taking cabs from aiport to base to store back to base.

June 28th, early wake up to review the inventory check list for the boat. Very easy, mainly about the boats systems, tools and safety equipment. No need to count forks, knives, dishes etc.. 8am Capt Jay stops by and reviews the check list, all good. 8:30am as promised Kyle then comes aboard for the systems review and sail check out. Everything works as tested and now time for a quick sail check out in the bay of CA. Raise the main, deploy the Jib and a few tacks in front of the Petit Pump room and Kyle is picked up by another dingy from CYOA. No need to douse the main and we are off to meet up with Catatonic and crew at Christmas Cove for the night. The cove was really cool and very calm. Catatonic shows up just as the sun sets and we go over and visit for a few libations and some eats.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
June 29th, breakfast, omelette’s to order then off to Jost to clear in. This is the 1st time I have skippered from USVI clearing into BVI. Figured we would bypass the ferry system this trip. It was very straight forward and no issues. CYOA has a very detailed book on the boat that has all the documents filled in as an example to make the paperwork easy to fill out. Brought in the docs and the passports and we were in and out in about 10 minutes...(Best Private Ferry Ever). Over to Corsairs for some ice and back to the boat. Kitty Tonic picked us up in Great Harbor and brought us over to White Bay to meet up with the crew of Sirius Escape and get some dollars soggy! Blue Moon arrived shortly after. Lots of fun at Soggy Dollar meeting up with everyone. We even had a water cannon practice round! Great night at Corsairs for dinner, few pizza’s and a walk the plank and it was almost bedtime. Had to help Sirius Escape crew finish off the rest of there provisions since they were out the next day.
=[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
June 30th, a nice sail over to West End to meet everyone that night for the Kick off party at Fish n Lime. Wind was blowing about 22kts so we were at the 1st reef point. At about 60 degrees we were moving along about 8kts and would be in WE in no time. Got a ball then hopped on Catatonic for a quick sail to the Caves. And it was quick! Had a brisk 30 kts with gusts of up to 40kts. Grabbed ball, snorkeled a little while then put up the chute for a nice downwind sail back to West End. Ok, over to Fish n Lime for the party and to listen to Brian Neale and “I Hate Boats”! great food and lots of fun catching up with all the peeps. There were 7 of us at our table and the food was delicious. Lobster, Chicken Dinner, Salads etc.. very good.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
July 1st, destination Leverick Bay for the DPR! Had to stop on the way past Road Town to take a look at boat we have been eyeing up for the last few months. She was in great shape. Ok back on point to Leverick Bay. As always the dock hands at Leverick welcome you with a smile as they tie you up and hook up the electric! Then a stop by Ask Nick.CO for a warm welcome from Monica and Nick then off to Jumbies for some Pizza and drinks. It was really great meeting up with everyone again and Leverick is a must stop on any trip to the BVI’s.a
[img]http://www.castinephotography.com/BVIs-1/2013-June-Flotilla/i-hMZRbqr/1/S/IMG_3241-S.jpg[/img]

We gathered later in the evening on Catatonic and had a Video Karaoke party. We raised the main on the cat in the next slip and projected the words and played the music thru a bose speaker... lots of talent that night! We then watched a video from Foxys Cat Fight 2012 to end the night. Hope we did not keep anyone awake!

July 2nd, Arrrrggghhh DPR time, Bloodies at Jumbies 8:30am for registration and some photos with the group. Had a fly over from a helicopter that took some pics and vids of the poker run. Stops were in order, Sand Box, Saba Rock, Bitter End, Fat Virgin and then back to Leverick Bay for the last card. We, my 2 boys and I actually got to ride with Kitty Tonic and douse everyone with ICE COLD cooler water. This was a privlidge, if you have been on the other side of the water gun you know what I am talking about! The awards went on after the poker run while a few of us helped out Catatonic with a main sail that had been repaired and delivered to the dock via ferry.... probably should have let Dirk handle it himself and we may have had a chance to win the Lobsta Regatta:). So after the prizes it was time for BBQ and live entertainment by Brian Neale and a DJ between breaks. Dance floor was hopping, the food was great as always. We always feel at home at Leverick. Did anyone find my toe nail? I left it on the dance floor in front of the stage someplace.. Ewwww.. Also missing a GoPro 2 between Saba and Fat Virgin.. its on an orange floaty strap. Bed time.
=
[img]http://www.castinephotography.com/BVIs-1/2013-June-Flotilla/i-ZvxZNdN/0/S/P1010049-S.jpg[/img]
July 3rd 10:45 start for Azzurra for the Annual Anegada Lobster Regatta im memory of Walt! Nick and Monica were on the docks to say goodbye and send us all off. a Malcom joined us for the drag race my wife Julie and our 2 boys. Since we have been home all we here is “Hey your John Wayne” and the Gilloutine Joke and lots more!

We decided to put in a reef, winds were averaging 18kts and few gusts up to 25kts. off the reds we go and check in just about on time for the start. Great sail, averaged about 7.5 kts. As we approached the finish line, Catatonic came out of nowhere to take the lead. We passed the Mono and Utopia was hot on our sugar scoops with Blue Moon, Galeaux, Gitana and Rodeo to follow. We all crossed the line within 3 minutes except for Catatonic. She sailed really really fast.. we figured it out, Dirks dad Dave was on board. Now we know how Dirk learned how to sail. Great Job Dave!
=
[img]http://www.castinephotography.com/BVIs-1/2013-June-Flotilla/i-sRpBc5C/1/S/IMG_3186-S.jpg[/img]
[img]http://catatonic.smugmug.com/O...13-07-04%20at%207.59.23%20AM-M.png[/img]

Awards time at Neptune’s Treasure. As the sun was setting on Anegada we all gathered around the outside tiki bar for celebration and awards to be given out to just about everyone in the race. Mark (saildoggie) also presented an award to Neptune’s for being our host. Dirk said a few words to thank Mark for all he does every year with the flotilla and also thanks to TTOL for the goodies they donated for prizes and Laura for donating the trophies. Last but not least a few kind words and a cheer in memory of Walt Bohren. Sail on Walt!
=[img]http://www.castinephotography.com/BVIs-1/2013-June-Flotilla/i-CzQgTG2/1/S/IMG_3407-S.jpg[/img]
As we all sit down for dinner at Neptune’s, the sun is setting on our boats in the anchorage. A perfect end to a great day of sailing!
[img]http://www.castinephotography.com/BVIs-1/2013-June-Flotilla/i-bp9C76w/1/S/IMG_3461-S.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.castinephotography.com/BVIs-1/2013-June-Flotilla/i-d5LQSR5/1/S/IMG_3627-S.jpg[/img]

July 4th, Off to Cow Wreck beach. By far one of my favorite beach’s that I have ever been to in my 45 years of life and 3 continents. My boys were happy to see that the basketball court and pool table were still there for them to enjoy. Looks like the beach has replenished itself and that is great news. The clear blue/green hues on the water are incredible. Its amazing to watch them change as the sun peeps in and out during a partly cloudy day. Belly up to the self service bar and grab a beverage and start ticking them off on the note pad as the day goes by. Kitty Tonic showed up to take the kids for a quick tubing ride along the beach down from the bar. Lots of fun and airborne a few times! Our cab arrives around 2pm and we are heading back to the boat and then off to Marina Cay.
[img]http://www.castinephotography.com/BVIs-1/2013-June-Flotilla/i-pqCWNjK/0/S/IMG_3657-S.jpg[/img]

July 5th quick ride over to Monkey Point for some snorkeling before we head over to Scrub Island. We arrive Scrub early evening, Galeaux, Catatonic, Azzura and Utopia all present. May have been another but I cant recall. The kids all went up to the water slides while the adults bellied up to the swim up bar. Later that evening Catatonic won for best drink presentation and I think Galeaux won best tasting but its all kind of fuzzy if you know what i mean:P Martin and Davide were the judges and presented the awards.
[img]http://www.castinephotography.com/BVIs-1/2013-June-Flotilla/i-McG4mDp/0/S/IMG_3805-S.jpg[/img]
Scrub had a buffet for the flotilla at a discount, Thanks! A few of us went up to Caravela Restaurant. They had a 4 course special for a fixed price. The food was amazing. Thanks Utopia for suggestion. We really enjoyed the food, views and the company. Its always nice to be on the docks a few nights on a 2 week trip! Its nice not having to get into the dingy and the kids really enjoy the resorts amenities.
[img]http://www.castinephotography.com/BVIs-1/2013-June-Flotilla/i-XPkKMfZ/0/S/IMG_3853-S.jpg[/img]

July 6th thru 11th, Norman, Nanny Cay, ST. Thomas to follow at some point in time.
Checking back in at CYOA was great. They meet you via dingy, check the sails and have you on the dock in less then 15 minutes. Usual check out of the boat, quick dive from Cap’t Jay to check out the bottom and its time to say good bye until next time.

Thanks to all who joined the Flotilla, before and after the events! It was really great to see you all!!! Nick and Monica, you always put on a great event and take care of us as if we were there every other week! Thanks to Neptune’s, Cow Wreck and Scrub for having us. Dawg, thanks again for another great year!

CYOA! Capt Jay, Kyle, Chris and John Thanks for a great boat and great vacation! We will be back.

See you all again soon!

The Castine Family

[Linked Image]