Member Spotlight
Jeannius
Jeannius
U.K. and Spain
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online Now
48 registered members (John, D_Pollack, CottageGirl, Fitzhughlaw, OceanSong, davidandsusannj, lcote, CJIMI, biminis, Kennys, GeorgeC1, pandpfromcanada, xrayman67, ydrwrb1, ndfaninnc, jagmansr, bbeach, geomo, Rbailey, marisol, WWII, BillDauterive, bkigar, louismcc, onlymedication, duckfat, charlie, JohnW, MikeMc, Fran, Uksimonusa, George1234, bostonbob, 15 invisible), 841 guests, and 85 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
PAYA BAY #26179
03/26/2014 02:11 PM
03/26/2014 02:11 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Going to Paya Bay in May... any tips on dealing with the "no see'ums" that I hear are quite common...are they out during the day on the beach or the trails, is it more of an early morning/evening issue, also any favorite spots on Roatan for dining, as we will have an SUV

Thanks in advance for your answers

SXM Sponsors
Re: PAYA BAY #26180
03/27/2014 08:21 AM
03/27/2014 08:21 AM
tandme Offline
Traveler
tandme  Offline
Traveler
It was funny. In St.Martin I get hit bad by the little suckers. At Paya it was just the opposite, they got my wife one day but I think it was while out on a boat trip, right after a rain.
As for dining out, we didn't leave the resort. Have fun!

Re: PAYA BAY [Re: tandme] #26181
03/27/2014 10:01 PM
03/27/2014 10:01 PM
Middle America
F
FreshAir Offline
Traveler
FreshAir  Offline
Traveler
F
Middle America
To those who have been here, tell me more about this place. Never heard of it and just visited the web site. I see they have a couple (?) of clothing optional beaches. Is this the extent of the nude/clothing optional? How is access from airport? How are the facilities? How is the food? I appears the pool is textile, correct? How about the overall experience for those who like clothing optional vacations? Thanks in advance.

Re: PAYA BAY [Re: FreshAir] #26182
03/31/2014 09:35 PM
03/31/2014 09:35 PM
Wilds of NJ
Bnk Offline
Traveler
Bnk  Offline
Traveler
Wilds of NJ
FreshAir said:
To those who have been here, tell me more about this place. Never heard of it and just visited the web site. I see they have a couple (?) of clothing optional beaches. Is this the extent of the nude/clothing optional? How is access from airport? How are the facilities? How is the food? I appears the pool is textile, correct? How about the overall experience for those who like clothing optional vacations? Thanks in advance.

We went to Paya Bay in December of 2012 for one week. It is a beautiful spot and the snorkeling is great. That being said our overall experience was not that great. While the two brothers that work there seemed to be interested in making the guests happy, the rest of the staff were not. The people who were at the front desk were almost rude at times. The food ranged from "not so good to inedible" during the one buffet nite the cooks brought out the food and helped themselves before allowing the guests to eat and left little to eat. The resort is far from the airport down a dirt road not so bad if you want to get away from it all as we did, but not so good if you want to drive to town for a dinner. They did pick us up from the airport for free but they charge extra for everything else. It is a beautiful place but do not expect the service or food that is available at Club O.

Re: PAYA BAY [Re: FreshAir] #26183
04/01/2014 10:16 PM
04/01/2014 10:16 PM
tandme Offline
Traveler
tandme  Offline
Traveler
It’s a nice place and we enjoyed it. There are two different areas that are clothing optional during naturist weeks. The first main beach is great, the pool there is also clothing optional and we loved it when it was opened. After a day of heavy rain it needs to be drained and it stayed that way for the following three days… a huge bummer for us.
Also just as wife went “natural” a small group, family with kids, showed up to share the beach. We were warned, almost asked, ahead of time. Again a bit of a bummer. They are also building a new big beautiful bar on the beach and I don't know how that will effect nude use of the pool as it directly overlooks it.
The back side of the island, always clothing optional, is hot. No breeze with still sitting water. Nice to visit and sit at but not enjoyable for an extended time for time in the water.
We thought the food was great, you just need to be flexible with what’s available.
Over all a nice change but we are looking for other options for next visit away from SXM.