Member Spotlight
megamania
megamania
Harriston
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
SXMNorm
Who's Online Now
8 registered members (EdB, MikeBiondo, SXMScubaman, RickinAtlanta, StMartinFan, 3 invisible), 794 guests, and 97 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
DAy 5 & 6 La Playa #262312
08/12/2021 08:40 AM
08/12/2021 08:40 AM
Y
Yrthstan Offline OP
Traveler
Yrthstan  Offline OP
Traveler
Y
Well day 5 was not a total washout. Breaks in the rain and clouds around mid day. We managed a little time at the pool and some drinks and a light lunch at La Playa's covered beach Dining tent. we had plate of sushi rolls . Le Volcano- it was quite good , just enough for a snack for three Uno players.

The restaurants i mentioned are all in the Orient Village. Le Favela is right behind Le Telegraphe and Le P'tit Bistro across the courtyard next to La Trattoria..
We went to La Trattoria that night. My daughter got a pizza and we got a Sicilian style grilled trigger fish. it was good . No dessert as the rain was threatening so we went back for Chocolate dipped Coconut Ice cream bars out of our small freezer.

Day 6 dawned bright and clear after Hurricane Fred had moved off. We had our breakfast at La Playa as usual- man am i going to hate not having a Croissant Chocolate with my coffee noir each morning when we get home. Since it was Wednesday we decided to go to the market in Marigot and do our souvenir shopping.

We loaded up in our small KIA Picante and roared off down the road to Marigot. Quick trip, all the traffic was heading towards Orient and we soon arrived. Parked in the lot near the taxi stand. We walked over to the plaza. First thing i noticed was there were only about half the stands as were there in 2017. We found Micka- a local artist who puts her Art on prints,tiles,and even on mouse pads now. She was the main reason i wanted to go to the market.We got several new prints to be framed when we get home as well as two 6X6 tiles to hang. My daughter and i also got new mouse pads.
Her style is an impressionist one and i complimented her on it called her Micka Gogh. which elicited a laugh and a smile.

The tent next to hers was an English woman selling handmade items. She had some teakwood handcrafted placemats. I thought they were wall art( and will be when we get home) and got several - a fish and the other a bird. after that it was the just the regular stalls- a couple of magnets and a purse for my daughter and we were on our way back to Orient Bay.

This turned into a Beach day. We spent most of the day on the beach. the difference from Monday was remarkable. The beach was full of people, le String and Chez Leandra were both open. the Beach chairs were occupied all up and down the beach. when we did our afternoon hike to Orange fever for an ice cream i gave up counting- to many to count without staring- which would have been rude. we did count over 100 people IN the Water. So , apparently Monday is a slow day for the beach.

We went to Bikini Beach for a late lunch and all got an appetizer plate. Daughter had fried Calamari,i had Chicken spring rolls and wife had stuffed mussels. the plates were large and any one would have been fine for a snack for three- this ended up being our supper and we did not get to the village last night.

Day 7 is Bright and Sunny... another beach day ...

a tout alors,
Yrthstan

SXM Sponsors
Re: DAy 5 & 6 La Playa [Re: Yrthstan] #262316
08/12/2021 09:05 AM
08/12/2021 09:05 AM
LI, NY
R
RM5 LI Offline
Traveler
RM5 LI  Offline
Traveler
R
LI, NY
Sounds wonderful. smile

Re: DAy 5 & 6 La Playa [Re: Yrthstan] #262318
08/12/2021 09:35 AM
08/12/2021 09:35 AM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
I was thinking the lady's name was spelled "Mika"?? I have a couple of her tiles. I need to get back there and get some more of her stuff, as it is lovely. Glad that Fred wasn't any big deal. Hopefully that next one coming is also no big problem. Enjoy!!

Carol Hill