2013 RANDOM CHANGES IN SXM:
• Tahoma Beach Bar is no longer there. Sad to see it gone. Space is currently vacant and there appeared to be no activity as of December. There was a recent post of a new place opening there shortly, so we'll see what transpires.
[Linked Image]
• Dreams Beach Bar Restaurant in Nettle Bay built a dinghy dock. Photo shown is taken in April. Not many dinghys here but have witnessed a champion diver. Dreams now sells beach blankets with their logo in various colors for 33euros. Another nice gift option is an electronic gift card that Bruno will send via email.
[Linked Image]
• Reflectors along the road throughout Nettle Bay and Lowlands light up the road nicely at night. Not sure when these were installed but don't remember seeing them earlier this year.
• Much bigger presence of gendarmes as of December versus all other trips throughout the year. Noticed gendarmes on foot patrol in Grand Case, so it appears efforts are being made to improve security in that area at night.
• Chippie coverage seemed exceptionally bad in December.
• Blue Mall had its official grand opening in December. Friends went and bought a nice dress at Women's Secret.

[Linked Image]

• Changes at Orient Beach. In general, it seems the beach sellers are out in full force, more than usual. People are pushing their goods or services every few minutes. It makes for a bad beach siesta, especially if nursing a hangover. Also, Kontiki and Bikini Beach Bars are no longer. Bikini Beach Bar is undergoing renovations and Kontiki we were told expect to reopen in February-ish.

[Linked Image]

• Blue Point in Philipsburg has relocated to the former location of Rima. Rima is now wholesale not far from its former location.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

• LOTS of changes at Juliana Airport: new shops, closed shops, relocated shops, and no more Rum Jumbie Bar. Blue Bitch Bar has moved into the location of the former Rum Jumbie and there is now WIFI available.

[Linked Image]

Bacchus now has a store located towards gate A1. It is currently a takeout place along with some gift items for purchase (teas, Bacchus blanket, etc). By February they are expecting to launch their online order system, so customers can place a lunch order online (as you would get in Hope Estate) and have it delivered to the Bacchus store at the airport... interesting concept.
• Princess Heights has undergone some renovations since September. They did some revamping in their fitness room and updated a couple cardio equipments. I am also very pleased to see that they now have a recycling bin on site for plastic and cans. Hoping they will add a paper recycling bin with time, so we don't have to drive it around the corner to the roadside recycling drop off in Oyster Pond.
• Dirty Des, located in the former location of Maggi's Sports Bar at Captain Olivers, had their opening in December. Signage is not yet up, but customers got the word and are coming. I'm sure by now there is a menu. I went on the day of their soft opening and menu was not yet completed. That day there was one item for lunch: blackened mahi mahi platter; it was good. Dirty Des hours of operation will be 7am-12am daily, even on holidays, as per Desmond himself. Desmond also owns Mama Pizza and after Christmas he plans on being open 7 days; they are usually closed on Wednesday.
[Linked Image]
• Dinghy Dock now serves breakfast.
• Causeway is now open. It looks beautiful all lit up at night. Forgot to snap a photo.
• Roadwork continues. Currently there is construction in Marigot along the main road between Lucy's snack shop and Le Bistro Nu. Construction that started around September is still underway by the stadium in Orleans. Will be good once that is done, since that stretch of road was exceptionally bad with very large craters to manuveur around.
• Kokomo in Indigo Bay has opened. We went after an exceptionally hard rain, same day there was a tornado in Dawn Beach, and Kokomo was closed. Looks promising though.
[Linked Image]
• For those who know him from the Dinghy Dock, Kurt is back on island until the spring. You can find him working at 12 Metre Bar or Get Wet Bar in Philipsburg, or even at a bar stool at the good ol' DD.
• Booze It Up liquor store next to Topper's, photo taken in April.
[Linked Image]
• Happy Hour Charters has moved their office from Simpson Bay to Philipsburg.
2013 RANDOM CHANGES AT QUEENS GARDEN RESORT IN SABA:
• Birds Nest was built among the mango trees in the dining area. Lovely spot for a breakfast, lunch, or dinner. This was taken in May and it was recently finished, so the name is not yet official, but the owner referred to it as this so I assume the name will stay.
[img]http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv308/lotsanivanh/birdsnestsabamay2013_zpsc9f99031.jpg[/img]
• Spa is currently underway! I believe this will be the only spa in Saba if you want to pamper yourself.
[img]http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv308/lotsanivanh/spasabamay2013_zpsec5b86db.jpg[/img]