Me and my princess woke up Thursday at around 6am, and went about our day. Because we had an early flight and we are an hour away from Logan airport, we decided that we would not go to sleep this night. We left our home around 2am and made it to the hotel in Boston that we will be staying in upon our return about 3:30. Told the front desk clerk we are doing a park and fly and she didn't even question it and gave us our parking pass. Within 10 minutes the hotel shuttle arrived and we were off to the airport.

We made to the JetBlue terminal and we were in and out within minutes and breezed through TSA after a partial pat down. Boarded the plane at 5:30 and the plane left the gate on time, only to return to the gate within the first minute because of spoiler issues. 45 minutes later with the necessary parts replaced, we are off again. Looking at our watches along with everyone else, we were all concerned with our connecting flight at JFK.

Lots of people didn't make their connecting flight, and the wife and myself along with others ran to the gate to catch our flight to the island. What complicated the matter was the fact that they changed the gate in JFK that we arrived at from gate 4 to gate 2, and the fact that they also changed the connecting flight from gate 24 to gate 22 was not good. We barely made the connecting flight along with another couple. The younger passengers from our flight were able to sprint to the gate and made it much sooner. We did have some turbulence over the Atlantic and it only lasted about 20 minutes or so.

The balance of the flight went without a hitch, and we went through immigration as if we were on a Sunday stroll, as the airport was not busy at all. After getting our luggage, we went outside to wait for our ride to Empress, when KLM landed at the airport, so we are glad that we arrived before that plane. We got our rental car, stopped to get our phone from the Queen, stopped at Market Garden for a few miscellaneous items and headed over to the Atrium, where our room wasn't ready quite yet. The time from when we landed to the time we got to the resort was about 30 minutes.

We headed over to BBB, and had our usually grub of an Italian sausage with fries and a couple of light beers to wash the grub down. By this time, our room was ready, and to our surprise, SHOPNDROP had already delivered our room grub. I was quite surprised as I had only ordered from Jeannie at around 1:30am the same day, and here it was 2:30pm and our food was put away and cold. Another thank you to Jeannie for service well appreciated!

We went for in for a dip and then the rain started, but it was short lived. Went to the room at sunset and changed and went to Skipjacks. We didn't walk over as the island was under a heavy downpour with a little lightning display. The wife had stuffed chicken breast, (mozzarella, basil and sun dried tomatoes) and I only had the warm water lobster, served with their garlic butter. Mmmmmm! For dessert, the wife had their keylime pie and I an after dinner drink of amaretto. I also had a Blue Moon beer during the meal and they didn't have any orange slices to serve with the beer, and the beer just didn't taste right without the orange, so I washed the crustacean down with a light beer. We went to our room and went to sleep as we had only been up for about 40 hours or so.