Member Spotlight
Matt W
Matt W
Houston, TX
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
jeverny, JimE
Who's Online Now
29 registered members (jrw, Don_and_Linda, kccouple, MikeBiondo, SteveH, Halcyon, GeorgeC1, KirkB, mark37, Time Will Tell, boucharda, onlymedication, Fitzhughlaw, MikeMc, NumberCruncher, ericlut, BillDauterive, Tom, ColoBoater, Compskier, jaxon60, 8 invisible), 1,251 guests, and 82 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Short Land Based Trip - Gotta Eat! #282113
05/10/2022 06:09 PM
05/10/2022 06:09 PM
South Florida
F
FrozMargNoSalt Offline OP
Traveler
FrozMargNoSalt  Offline OP
Traveler
F
South Florida
Coming back for our 5th trip to the BVIs in June. Bringing down two other couples that are BVI virgins. CAN'T WAIT!! Would love a couple restaurant thoughts you may have for two open nights we have... (I've read the other threads which helped me get to this point!)

1) TORTOLA: We can grab a taxi at Trellis and head to dinner. Open to a 30 minute cab ride. Would love a laid back vibe, a sunset, and live music if I was going for the trifecta. Quitos or Myett's our best choices?

2) ANEGADA: we'll be there for a day trip on a Monday. We don't have to leave the island until 6:15pm. An early Dinner at 4:30 should give us plenty of time right? It looks like Wonky Dog doesn't serve dinner until 6:00pm so I'm thinking Potter's or Lobster Trap. Flip of the coin?

Thank you in advance!

BVI Sponsors
Re: Short Land Based Trip - Gotta Eat! [Re: FrozMargNoSalt] #282147
05/11/2022 08:44 AM
05/11/2022 08:44 AM
Kannapolis, NC
ndfaninnc Offline
Traveler
ndfaninnc  Offline
Traveler
Kannapolis, NC
My choice on Cane Garden Bay would be Myett's. As for Anegada, Potter's serves at 7. Not sure about Lobster Trap. Maybe Sid's will serve earlier. Cow Wrek and Tipsy's might do a late lunch.

Go Irish!!

Bill

[Linked Image]
Re: Short Land Based Trip - Gotta Eat! [Re: FrozMargNoSalt] #282154
05/11/2022 09:24 AM
05/11/2022 09:24 AM
Cane Garden Bay, Tortola
JasonHelmbrecht Offline
Traveler
JasonHelmbrecht  Offline
Traveler
Cane Garden Bay, Tortola
Originally Posted by FrozMargNoSalt
Coming back for our 5th trip to the BVIs in June. Bringing down two other couples that are BVI virgins. CAN'T WAIT!! Would love a couple restaurant thoughts you may have for two open nights we have... (I've read the other threads which helped me get to this point!)

1) TORTOLA: We can grab a taxi at Trellis and head to dinner. Open to a 30 minute cab ride. Would love a laid back vibe, a sunset, and live music if I was going for the trifecta. Quitos or Myett's our best choices?

2) ANEGADA: we'll be there for a day trip on a Monday. We don't have to leave the island until 6:15pm. An early Dinner at 4:30 should give us plenty of time right? It looks like Wonky Dog doesn't serve dinner until 6:00pm so I'm thinking Potter's or Lobster Trap. Flip of the coin?

Thank you in advance!

TORTOLA - No question, if you're going to taxi to CGB make a reservation and have dinner at Indigo Beach House. Definitely not Myett's. I will warn you, it's likely more than a 30 minute taxi and in the dark, it will feel longer. I'd go to Brandywine as my first pick or The Dove in Road Town to be honest. Save yourself some time and both are better than the food in Cane Garden.

ANEGADA - Best option is probably a late lunch at Anegada Beach Club (same company as Lobster Trap) or stop by Tipsy at Cow Wreck. They have the best service and will make an early dinner happen for you, no problem! Might stop by early or call if you want lobster; not sure they always stock it...

JasonHelmbrecht
Coconut Breeze Villas
Cane Garden Bay
reservations@coconutbreezevillas.com
www.coconutbreezevillas.com
Re: Short Land Based Trip - Gotta Eat! [Re: FrozMargNoSalt] #282192
05/11/2022 04:23 PM
05/11/2022 04:23 PM
South Florida
F
FrozMargNoSalt Offline OP
Traveler
FrozMargNoSalt  Offline OP
Traveler
F
South Florida
Very helpful...thank you both! Cheers...