Member Spotlight
casailor53
casailor53
Rincón PR
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
SXMNorm
Who's Online Now
27 registered members (jbutah, road3682, CaribbeanCanadians, MACC60, PML, Don_and_Linda, bostonbob, isleofpalms, Todd, bailau, Jaybird, charlie, JohnandBev, SXMScubaman, Time Will Tell, KirkB, Fletch, BillDauterive, marisol, 8 invisible), 1,009 guests, and 139 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
First day / La Villa #287559
08/20/2022 08:27 AM
08/20/2022 08:27 AM
mahokid Offline OP
Traveler
mahokid  Offline OP
Traveler
awoke 12:30 AM for 5;30 AM out of Philly, maybe 2 hours sleep
meet friends in Atlanta who had minutes to spare before boarding
a few minutes early on arrival and wife thinks someone took our above head carry on
Run off plane to try to check luggage with other passengers with no success
Items missing bathing suit bottoms, shoes, underwear and hairspray
I guess the women would understand how upsetting this is
Me, we just go buy new stuff or hope someone returns once mistake is found

luggage already on belt once we get to pick up and low and behold there is the missing carry on
In my hast to run and look for carry on we never checked the overhead behind us which had not yet been opened
Sleep is important!!

Greeted at airport by 1000 villas who have been very good at correspondence
short trip to La Favorita in the low lands
First time staying in the low lands and first time staying in a villa
Thrifty / dollar car already arrived and sign paperwork along with pictures of car and inspection
Greeted by concierge who quickly shows us a few things
We had toured the villa last year and our friends are extremely impressed, some pictures on line are stretched but this place is the real deal

Quick trip to Super U for breakfast and lunch items and of course some adult beverages
We contacted Theo our concierge and mentioned that we didn't see an iron.
Upon return iron and board out for us
Quick dip in pool with a little nap before first night dinner

Our friends are new to in island and back home are our favorite dinning companions so we knew that this week needs to be the best of the best

Although maybe not the best for food, we always considered La Villa to be the most welcoming
While walking to the restaurant we were warmly greeted by Thibault of Bistro Caraibes who we will be visiting later in the stay

Upon arrival at La Villa, it felt like we were finally back home
Although Florence was away (as usual for this time of year), Christophe, John Carlos and Cedric made us and our friends feel very welcomed
I would say JC is one of the funniest servers on the island and truly makes everyone happy
All worked as a team along with a new young lady who assisted in serving and clearing.
She as a good future ahead of head with a nice personality

While we never considered La Villa food to be their strong point but we were pleasantly surprised to enjoy one of our better meals there
We decided to stray from our usual menu choices.

The prix fix is now up to I think $52.00 which is still a great value

Appetizers included a special of tuna ceviche with a lemon coconut milk cream and my wife tried the salmon gravlax
Both were awesome

We continued with fish entrees of branzino accompanied with whipped sweet potatoes and mahi-mahi plated very similar
Both very good, my only small point is that they"flash" the main dishes just before service making the food what I consider too hot
I know older guests like their food hot, but it makes it harder to enjoy the flavors

We finished with profiteroles and ice cream and the customary coconut rum shots

A very nice meal with wonderful friendly service

Attached Files La Favorira office.jpgLa Villa Tuna Ceviche.jpgLa Villa Branzino.jpgLa Villa Smoked Salmon.jpg
Last edited by mahokid; 08/20/2022 08:34 AM.
SXM Sponsors
Re: First day / La Villa [Re: mahokid] #287560
08/20/2022 08:38 AM
08/20/2022 08:38 AM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
thanks for the beginning to the story! I would have been TOTALLY panicked about the carry-on situation, as I often put my meds in there, as well as my good camera! Glad it turned out OK. Looking forward to hearing the rest of the story of your trip!

Carol Hill
Re: First day / La Villa [Re: mahokid] #288352
09/04/2022 04:55 PM
09/04/2022 04:55 PM
Boynton Beach, FL
EdB Offline
Traveler
EdB  Offline
Traveler
Boynton Beach, FL
La Villa is ALWAYS on our list every visit to the island. Food is always FANTASTIC, and the service can't be beat. Price Fix at 52 vs 49 is probably still the best deal on the island. From the apps to dessert, it can't be beat.