|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,949
Posts342,004
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 250
Joined: February 2003
|
|
|
15 members (48ref, goose4793, marisol, biminis, rab, 2tannedfannies, RickinAtlanta, Rover, patentshark, SXMScubaman, Kennys, BELLEAMI, 3 invisible),
357
guests, and
57
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917 Likes: 27
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917 Likes: 27 |
From our patio I can see a Dream Yacht Charters mono overnighting on a yellow mooring, within spitting distance of plenty of vacant FCFS moorings. I can sort of understand someone grabbing an empty professional dive boat mooring to dive during the day. But squatting one all night to save $30? Or chartering someone's boat without learning how to identify moorings? Pretty astounding either way.
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372 Likes: 11
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372 Likes: 11 |
I would call him cheap. I have heard but never witnessed there is some enforcement of not overnighting on park service balls. I would jump in your boat and pull up and tell him you need the ball for a night dive! G
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 21
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 21 |
I would also tend to think that he is a cheap skipper, but I would like to know what kind of chart briefing he had? The last two that I had were in line with all the consequences that this implies for those who do not know the BVI.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,901
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,901 |
Right up there with the folks who squat on BB moorings hoping the reserved client is a no-show. There is no accounting for some peoples kids.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372 Likes: 11
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372 Likes: 11 |
That is however one of the issues with boatyball. Balls at Cooper go unused because of no shows. There should be a time like 5pm where if not used it becomes a FCFS ball.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|