Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,056
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 31
RonDon 29
mahokid 29
erb923 26
GaKaye 18
Member Spotlight
tpcook
tpcook
Vero Beach, Fl and South Sound Villa Virgin Gorda
Posts: 4,349
Joined: October 2000
Today's Birthdays
MassExodus, mayhem
Who's Online Now
7 members (GOTOSUN, marksxm, Rumlover, DanS, daveb7, rick s, 1 invisible), 980 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917
Likes: 27
R
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
R
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917
Likes: 27
From our patio I can see a Dream Yacht Charters mono overnighting on a yellow mooring, within spitting distance of plenty of vacant FCFS moorings. I can sort of understand someone grabbing an empty professional dive boat mooring to dive during the day. But squatting one all night to save $30? Or chartering someone's boat without learning how to identify moorings? Pretty astounding either way.

BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
I would call him cheap. I have heard but never witnessed there is some enforcement of not overnighting on park service balls. I would jump in your boat and pull up and tell him you need the ball for a night dive!
G

Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 21
M
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
M
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 21
I would also tend to think that he is a cheap skipper, but I would like to know what kind of chart briefing he had? The last two that I had were in line with all the consequences that this implies for those who do not know the BVI.


[Linked Image]
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,901
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,901
Right up there with the folks who squat on BB moorings hoping the reserved client is a no-show. There is no accounting for some peoples kids.

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
That is however one of the issues with boatyball. Balls at Cooper go unused because of no shows. There should be a time like 5pm where if not used it becomes a FCFS ball.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5