Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,071
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 30
RonDon 28
mahokid 26
erb923 24
GaKaye 20
kim 18
Member Spotlight
DanS
DanS
New Jersey, USA
Posts: 1,494
Joined: November 2003
Today's Birthdays
gaynorsxm, gwclou, stoneyusaf, voyager, Wahnfried
Who's Online Now
21 members (Rover, patentshark, johndana274, road3682, Beachguy1963, Stevemech, CarolinaSailor, USMCVET, Kevin_B, Sxmsmile, KC2SXM, FFSXM, nevar37, GOTOSUN, pburke40, 6 invisible), 421 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#295492 02/10/2023 08:32 PM
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 959
Likes: 9
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 959
Likes: 9
well, maybe not - but it seems like a dire emergency to me!

It seems my wife accidentally put a part (the strainer funnel) of our Moka stovetop espresso maker into a trash bag that was picked up off the dock. Serious recovery efforts ensued. I come to the BVI to dive, but I didn't know it would be in Moorings' giant off-property garbage dumpster.

Moka Pot (Wikipedia link)

Pounds of special stovetop grind Brazilian Peaberry aboard and no way to make it!

Yes, there are of course alternatives, but at the risk of asking the ridiculous: Can anyone think of a place on Tortola that could possibly carry such an espresso machine? Can you hear the desperation in my voice?? cry


M4200 MANTA
BVI Sponsors
.
MrEZgoin #295494 02/10/2023 10:10 PM
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 594
Likes: 2
H
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
H
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 594
Likes: 2
ouch! That is a disaster. It's the little things in life. Wish I could help, truely.

(and aren't you on a substitute boat this trip?)

MrEZgoin #295495 02/10/2023 10:21 PM
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917
Likes: 27
R
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
R
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917
Likes: 27
Sorry. We have the Alessi version of it in Memphis. We have a couple stovetop pots here, but can't recall which ones I kept, will look in the morning. I bet House (near Moorings) or Relish (near Banco) would have one, maybe Drake's or Arawak at Road Reef.

Husker #295501 02/11/2023 05:43 AM
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 959
Likes: 9
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 959
Likes: 9
Originally Posted by Husker
ouch! That is a disaster. It's the little things in life. Wish I could help, truely.

(and aren't you on a substitute boat this trip?)


Thanks, though I'm making instant right now I think I will live :-)

Yes, we are on "Monashee" now, having had to return "Maupiti" to the dock.


M4200 MANTA
MrEZgoin #295503 02/11/2023 07:35 AM
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917
Likes: 27
R
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
R
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917
Likes: 27
Just checked, and this is the only stovetop we have left. You're welcome to it. I bet House will have an espresso pot.

Attached Images
6403A395-4B73-4F15-B0F1-ADF72776EB35.jpeg
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 959
Likes: 9
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 959
Likes: 9
Originally Posted by RatmansWife
Just checked, and this is the only stovetop we have left. You're welcome to it. I bet House will have an espresso pot.



Thanks so much for the offer! House?


M4200 MANTA
MrEZgoin #295508 02/11/2023 07:55 AM
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 190
Likes: 4
B
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
B
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 190
Likes: 4
Ahoy Capt. EZ,

They are sold at Radio Doctor.
https://www.facebook.com/radiodoctorsales/
I can pic one up this Sat AM and deliver if You are at a Tortola Harbor.

Fair Winds, Brent
thecaptainscompass.com Yacht Charters and Management
heatseekerinternational.com 5% Yacht Brokerage

MrEZgoin #295510 02/11/2023 08:07 AM
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917
Likes: 27
R
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
R
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917
Likes: 27
House is a lovely housewares store, where I spend too much money - at least according to Ratman! As you turn into the Moorings at the traffic light, it is on your left next to Tico, across from where the French Deli was (and CTL before that). As you enter the store, most of the kitchen stuff is on your right.

https://housebvi.com/

Last edited by RatmansWife; 02/11/2023 08:09 AM.
MrEZgoin #295526 02/11/2023 10:19 AM
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 1,190
M
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
M
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 1,190
Wish we were still there - could have done a rendezvous and dropped off ours (we have a Cuisinart drip and are bringing a Phillips auto espresso maker next trip - our stove top needs a home).


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5