Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,064
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 31
RonDon 28
mahokid 27
erb923 25
GaKaye 20
kim 18
Member Spotlight
timnboston
timnboston
Beverly MA (Boston's North Shore)
Posts: 536
Joined: November 2006
Today's Birthdays
MassExodus, mayhem
Who's Online Now
6 members (foreversxm, S/Y Mockingbird, gomer36, ScottW, 2 invisible), 374 guests, and 76 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#301050 05/09/2023 05:21 PM
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 2
M
Member
OP Offline
Member
M
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 2
Enjoy reading all the helpful information. Would like to know if it is expected to tip the Charter employee that provides the onwater checkout? And if so, the $ amount?
Thanks in advance

BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 322
Likes: 4
S
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
S
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 322
Likes: 4
Based on conversations over the years, I don’t think the charter employees make much per hour without tips. Therefore, we tip heavier to support the people who help us have an amazing vacation!

Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 594
Likes: 2
H
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
H
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 594
Likes: 2
We would always tip the person who did the on-board boat briefing. $20 or so if I recall. The hourly wage they are paid is not high.

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
I tip nearly everyone on the dock who provides good service.

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 287
Likes: 3
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 287
Likes: 3
I typically tip the boat briefer $20 (more if he has to do something special like fix something on the fly. In the past I’ve tipped the dockhands that help bring me back in. Although there was one time when I returned a Moorings boat in the rain and the dockhand refused to come out to catch the line we were throwing him! I didn’t tip that time😠


Mark Shichtman
"Live for Today!"

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5