|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,949
Posts342,004
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 769
Joined: January 2003
|
|
|
16 members (SXMbeachman, RatmansWife, CaroleS, foreversxm, Rumlover, inspectormark, loislynn, SXMScubaman, lcote, SXMNAN, MamaB, RickG, FLCajun, socamon, 2 invisible),
399
guests, and
58
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 2
Member
|
OP
Member
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 2 |
Enjoy reading all the helpful information. Would like to know if it is expected to tip the Charter employee that provides the onwater checkout? And if so, the $ amount? Thanks in advance
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 322 Likes: 4
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 322 Likes: 4 |
Based on conversations over the years, I don’t think the charter employees make much per hour without tips. Therefore, we tip heavier to support the people who help us have an amazing vacation!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 594 Likes: 2
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 594 Likes: 2 |
We would always tip the person who did the on-board boat briefing. $20 or so if I recall. The hourly wage they are paid is not high.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372 Likes: 11
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372 Likes: 11 |
I tip nearly everyone on the dock who provides good service.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 287 Likes: 3
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 287 Likes: 3 |
I typically tip the boat briefer $20 (more if he has to do something special like fix something on the fly. In the past I’ve tipped the dockhands that help bring me back in. Although there was one time when I returned a Moorings boat in the rain and the dockhand refused to come out to catch the line we were throwing him! I didn’t tip that time😠
Mark Shichtman "Live for Today!"
|
|
|
|
|
|
|