pat 42
jazzgal 41
Todd 40
Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
ecco, OceanDrop, vincent
Who's Online Now
41 registered members (anet_scot, Good Boy Gus, blooming, knitsoftwear, xrayman67, Brian&Andi, Fran, camview, luvtotravel, cabokid, Ackman, crsxm, CaribbeanCanadians, KirkB, UncleLuff, lcote, davidandsusannj, eightzerobits, RickinAtlanta, hokiesailor, jagmansr, SXMScubaman, Kennys, George1234, Kmon, JeanneB, Manpot, WLE, taraavo, ColoBoater, RonDon, jazzgal, ohstate, 8 invisible), 961 guests, and 67 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Suggestions for Orient beach paddle boarding #301584
05/22/2023 07:16 PM
05/22/2023 07:16 PM
T
tony-2-biscuits Offline OP
tony-2-biscuits  Offline OP
T
Hello,

My girlfriend and I are in St. Martin for the week, staying on the French side in Marigot. We’re planning on going to Orient beach in a day or two and were looking for some suggestions.

1. We’re interested in either paddle boarding or kayaking to Caye Verte for some snorkeling. What would be the best place to rent gear from? Does the surf tend to be rough at Orient?

2. We tend to pack our own stuff to the beach, would we head more towards the southeastern portion of the beach to set up towels? We’re completely fine with the c/o side and I was thinking in front of the old club orient wouldn’t be a bad spot?

3. How is the snorkeling around orient beach? How are the crowds on the c/o side?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! We’re here until Saturday

SXM Sponsors
Re: Suggestions for Orient beach paddle boarding [Re: tony-2-biscuits] #301604
05/23/2023 08:17 AM
05/23/2023 08:17 AM
East Texas
Jaybird Offline
Traveler
Jaybird  Offline
Traveler
East Texas
I can’t answer all your questions but we are on Orient now. There are plenty of places you can set up your towels on the CO section and several people do. They are past and/or behind the rental chairs. The surf has not been rough but is more rough the further north you go from the CO section. I don’t snorkel but a lot of people do near the CO section so I assume it’s adequate. Hope this helps.