Member Spotlight
sxmpete
sxmpete
Oakville Ontario Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
1moresxmexpat, Bogdaniel, delorget, Steve51
Who's Online Now
19 registered members (Leagle49, ChuckG, Midsouth, deputydog1157, Colour1, JeanneB, timnboston, pedroamigo2, Zanshin, AUCspouse, Wingman, Tom, fabila, 6 invisible), 926 guests, and 83 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Thursday, Nov 2 trip reporting #308109
11/02/2023 11:00 PM
11/02/2023 11:00 PM
Yonkers, NY
fabila Online content OP
Traveler
fabila  Online Content OP
Traveler
Yonkers, NY
Our trip is winding down, two full days left. Today two friends departed while another tomorrow and another two leave on Sunday. We have been here since Friday, 10/20 departing on Sunday, November 5. This is our longest vacation to date at 16 days. Wish I could say all those days were sunny and bright weather- wise but they were not. Spending those days here on the island, safe and with friends and acquaintances still made our vacation to date a wonderful trip.

Right before we departed for lunch, I heard rain failing. But didn’t see any rain on the bedroom or living room windows looking at the ocean. I moved toward the front door and it was raining only in front of the unit. It didn’t last but a few minutes. Traffic heading into Cole Bay was awful right when we got past the airport at 12:15 pm. Bumper to Bumper until we got to the roundabout. Unsure what cause the delay as there was neither construction nor accident unless it was already cleared before we arrived?

We finally returned to Indigo Beach Bar and Restaurant for lunch. I say finally because they were closed for days after the hurricane working to get the restaurant back to serving guests or we had plans when they reopened. It was a beautifully sunny and breezy day so perfect to dine outdoors overlooking the majestic sea. I love sharing a meal with friends with an ocean view.

One of the blackboard specials was a ½ lobster thermidor. The lobster was grilled with a light sauce on top with melted cheese. No fillers, just a whole piece of lobster which I carefully savored. The sauce was so good I broke down and dip two slices of a baguette in it. It was cooked perfectly.

David ate the fried mahi mahi sandwich accompanied with fries. A huge cheese burger with fries for another. Ceviche with a coconut marinade and garlic shrimp with a side of creole sauce for two of our friends. Frozen cocktails were reasonable at $8 to $9. We thoroughly enjoyed our meals and conversation.

Michelle and I ordered the chocolate mousse. All desserts are made on the premise. It was decadently rich. We both ate a few small spoonfuls then put the spoons down in defeat. We were too full from lunch.

Prime Rib night at the Greenhouse is a night we try not to miss once during our trip. Tonight we shared the King cut which was large and thick and cooked as requested. The meal comes with two side dishes. Plenty of food which David and I shared. Because of an early dinner crowd they had run out of several items. One of the sides David would have ordered, mashed or baked potato wasn’t available. He decided on the mac & cheese and I with the salad.

We didn’t need the bang bang shrimp appetizer but wanted it, they are so tasty. In hindsight, we could have done without as it was more food than we needed to eat. Although, had they not run out of Johnny Cakes I would have eaten one of them too. They are so good there.

Our friend got the Queen cut along with fries and garlic bread as his side choices. The steak was cooked as ordered too. The Queen cut was smaller than we’ve had in the past so am glad we shared the King.

Arnold Palmer’s for me so bill was reasonable. No gratuity or service charge added. Mike has been managing the restaurant now for 13 years. He was pulling double duty in the kitchen and front of the house helping to serve.

Attached Files IMG_5153.jpegIMG_3706.jpegIMG_5140.jpegIMG_5137.jpegIMG_5154.jpegIMG_5155.jpeg
SXM Sponsors
Re: Thursday, Nov 2 trip reporting [Re: fabila] #308124
11/03/2023 09:06 AM
11/03/2023 09:06 AM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
wow, I can't believe it's almost time for you to come home. Seems like it's only been a week or so, since you arrived.

That lobster looks yummy! Some day we need to try that place.

Carol Hill
Re: Thursday, Nov 2 trip reporting [Re: fabila] #308142
11/03/2023 11:11 AM
11/03/2023 11:11 AM
Auburn, WA
SXMScubaman Offline
Traveler
SXMScubaman  Offline
Traveler
Auburn, WA
Greenhouse prime rib is the best. Truely Prime cut. I got the King cut one time. Never again. Just too much for me. Queen is quite adequate especially with their sides which are generous too.