This board was very helpful putting our trip together and I hope this post will be useful to other new visitors.
Our trip was to begin 12/25. Unfortunately our takeoff was delayed (Delta) forcing us to miss our connection in Atlanta. Delta could not confirm new ticketing prior to leaving Boston and recommended we go on to Atlanta and look for flights from there. Thank Goodness we had only carry ons! 52 hours and 5 airports later we arrived in St. Thomas.
Taking advice from this board I did NOT listen to the cab drivers at the airport and was able to catch the Fast Ferry to RoadTown. During our expedition to STT I was able to keep in contact with a cab driver Ritzel Lettsome (284-496-7191)who was recommended by our charter broker. The cabbies at the custom dock tried hard to force us to use their services. I was glad we had prearranged with Ritzel. In route to Trellis Bay we stopped at Riteway to pickup forgotten items. Cold cuts were good. Prices were reasonable.

Provisioned with Bobby's. No problems. Our captain arranged a delivery time and unloaded supplies.

We chartered with Dan Scully on Chocolat Blanc. This is an older Privelidge 39 moored in Trellis Bay. We were very glad to have a captain onboard. Fortunatley Dan had a couple of days open after our charter and graciously allowed us to change our charter dates so we didn't loose any days due to our flight delays. We set out quickly and spent our first night off Mountain Point on Virgin Gorda. In the morning set sail for Anagada. As we were traveling with teens we never got the anchor up before 9:30 or 10. The sail to Anagada was exilerating with 25+ winds and 8 to 10 foot seas. Arrived around 2:30pm. Wonderful dinner at Neptunes Treasure. The Tuna was especially good. Spent the next day at Loblolly Bay. The beach was breathtaking but we were very disappointed by the snorkling. Huge waves were breaking over the reef. We tried to drift from Flash of Beauty to Big Bamboo but couldn't see anything to speak of with visibility of 10 feet or so. We couldn't get any where near the main reef due to wave action. Had lunch at Big Bamboo. Incredible spot. Clean restrooms. VERY expensive ($150 for 5, 1 drink each). Cab with tip $50 wish we had rented a Jeep. Sailed back the next day to North Sound and Leverick Bay. Decided not to go ashore as we had spent more than planned on Anegada. The Captain wanted to reach his mooring in Trellis Bay early on Dec. 31st. Kids were restless so decided to anchor at marina cay instead of Cam Bay so they could go ashore. Ate on board.
Early jaunt over to Trellis Bay. Good breakfast at Da Loose Mongoose. Had an unexpectedly good snorkle on the reef at the eastern end of the entrance to Trellis bay. Corals were small but water clarity was the best we had all week.
New Years Eve - Glad we planned to eat on board as power was lost on shore. Band at Internet Cafe did good job keeping the crowd moving with an acoustic set. Jumbie were fun. Fire balls and "scarecrow" were fun to see although I kept waiting for sparks driven by 20 knot winds to light one of the palm huts or someone's dress on fire. Nice fireworks over the bay at midnight. Lasted longer than the ones visible on Virgin Gorda. If this was similar to a Full Moon Party I would go if in the neighborhood but would Not plan trip around it.

Remainder of trip was several snorkle stops off Norman Island, the Indians and moored in Leverick Bay with a drop off at Sopers Hole.

Overall impressions:
I would not travel to BVI at this time of year. It rained each day and was often cloudy and cool. Water temperture was similar to Rhode Island in August. I would guess mid 70's at most sites. I chilled after 30 min. of snorkling and wished I had brought a light wet suit. Visibility was poor at most snorkle sites, less than 25 feet at Waterlemon Cay, 30' at the Indians.

Very glad we had a captain-Chocolat Blanc and Dan Scully were a comfortable boat for our family. Being on a Cat gave all of us some space and was comfortable on our passage to Anagada dispite big seas.

Glad we brought most of our meals. I had marinated and froze 8 meals all of which lasted despite our delay in the airport. I used a lightweight folding cooler (cloth sides) which I wrapped in a blanket. Had paperwork with me but customs ignored it.
Cingular cell phone worked well on St Thomas. AAA traveler checks accepted without a problem.

I would alter the 1/2 the clothes twice the money rule to 1/3 the clothes 3x the money. I would definately bring a long sleeve shirt and a shorty next time.