Member Spotlight
magpie
magpie
Cape Coral, FL
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
mamakim
Who's Online Now
32 registered members (magpie, Kegoangoango, CaribbeanCanadians, MamaB, Kevin_B, geomo, knitsoftwear, Don_and_Linda, SXMBND, toast, dolfer, Manpot, anet_scot, JandIrene, Kennys, xrayman67, MrEZgoin, SXMScubaman, Fletch, GeorgeC1, bailau, KirkB, JenniferSC, 9 invisible), 987 guests, and 171 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Been away for a while... Also a Timeshare question (groan)..bare with me... #314540
02/29/2024 04:56 PM
02/29/2024 04:56 PM
Wisconsin
W
wabid Offline OP
Traveler
wabid  Offline OP
Traveler
W
Wisconsin
Hi all. Its been (checks notes) 7 years since we last visited the island and we are looking to visiting this year. Many things held us from returning, Irma, adoption of a baby girl, family illness, work... In short: life.

Anyhow we hope to be staying at the SBR for at least two weeks this summer/fall and introduce our daughter to the island! I really can't wait and I am diving (no pun) back into this forum to get back up to speed.

My wife's family and I have been visiting the island on and off for twenty years and actually owned a timeshare at SBR. Personally I was angry cloud when my wife purchased the unit (before we were engaged to be married), but she bought a week for peanuts when the SBR was The Pelican. It was part of a package deal. Her parents purchased a timeshare at the Royal Resorts Grand Cayman resort (Now Wyndham) and a couple of weeks at SXM Pelican Resort were tossed in to seal the deal.

Turns out we prefer and love SXM over the Caymans and we upgraded our SBR timeshare several years back. However our building was destroyed by Irma. That said we only upgraded for the points, so it did not affect us. We are still are on points and now we have plenty so we plan to use them very soon!!

I digress. As I said, my In-laws purchased a timeshare at the Grand Cayman resort. However my father in-law passed 23 years ago and my mother in-law passed this last month. I will be selling a one week, 2 Bedroom/2 bath unit for week 43 through Wyndham. However they have not given me guidance on a fair price. I realize this is a big ask, but can anyone provide me an opinion on a reasonable asking price or where to look? Obviously I did some digging on the intergoogleweb, but timeshare brokers just seem sketchy at best...so I am looking for some impartial advice. THANKS

Note: I am posting in SXM because there are far more members in this group that the Caymans forum...so Apologies to the admins

Last edited by wabid; 02/29/2024 04:58 PM.

Never walk onto a job site with empty hands. - Source Unknown
SXM Sponsors
Re: Been away for a while... Also a Timeshare question (groan)..bare with me... [Re: wabid] #314543
02/29/2024 08:20 PM
02/29/2024 08:20 PM
S
StMartinFan Offline
Traveler
StMartinFan  Offline
Traveler
S
For helpful info on selling a timeshare I’d recommend spending some time on the Timeshare Users Group (TUG) website. https://tug2.net/

It’s an inexpensive membership group of timeshare owners and there is lots of info and people with experience there. You don’t have to join to read info or access the discussion groups. You’ll find a discussion form for Wyndham owners there and lots of people with experience in selling or, as is often the case, giving away your timeshare.

Unfortunately most timeshares don’t have much value for resale but TUG members would be a good resource to find out more about your specific one.

Re: Been away for a while... Also a Timeshare question (groan)..bare with me... [Re: StMartinFan] #314554
03/01/2024 09:23 AM
03/01/2024 09:23 AM
Okemos, Michigan
NumberCruncher Offline
Traveler
NumberCruncher  Offline
Traveler
Okemos, Michigan
I agree. TUG is probablly your best source of information. You could take a look at Redweek.com to get some price information. You could also look at the listings on Ebay. Good luck, John

Re: Been away for a while... Also a Timeshare question (groan)..bare with me... [Re: wabid] #314569
03/01/2024 12:31 PM
03/01/2024 12:31 PM
Wisconsin
W
wabid Offline OP
Traveler
wabid  Offline OP
Traveler
W
Wisconsin
Thanks for the responses. Turns out after I wrote my original post, Wyndham Grand Cayman has been very helpful. They don't sell fixed weeks anymore but will help finding a buyer. No surprise.. no money to be made here, but we just want to get it off our books. Thanks again....

Never walk onto a job site with empty hands. - Source Unknown