Since I wasn’t leaving on a long trip home my morning at the Soggy Dollar consisted of a couple bloody mary’s, a beer or more and a painkiller or so. Then Tina forced me away to take me to the ferry.

Darkie was on another run so one of his compatriots took me to the airport. The above mentioned drinks put me to sleep for the ride over to Beef Island. Never did that before, must be old age.

Clair Aero left early and the short flight was great. I was overweight with the Oxygen equipment so paid extra but no big deal.

Took a bit to get a ride over to the hotel but made it just fine. Then Randy took over. Now there is a great guy and wonderful asset to Neptune’s Treasure. Got set up in a very comfortable room and as always hit the bar. The patio is a great place to watch the sunset and it was beautiful. Tina had called over from Sandcastle that morning to place my dinner order since I would be arriving after 4 and I had the lobster. That was a lot of food. Each night I would be over fed there. One thing I found right away was that a car is important. There aren’t that many taxis and they seemed to prefer to go after the groups rather than just some single passenger so it took a bit longer to get a ride. After I got the rental I was able to get around more at will. Had lunch at the Big Bamboo, Dotsie’s, Cow Wreck, Anegada Reef as well as Neptune’s Treasure. I enjoyed myself so much I had dinner each night at Neptune’s Treasure. Had fresh tuna seared rare, swordfish, crab stuffed shrimp, garlic shark, lobsters…………..

The staff and family are all very friendly and helpful. Had some great talks with Vernon, Mark, Aaron, Linda, Dean, Carmela, Jeanette and Singin’ Sally. It’s a great place to meet people as well. Ran into a couple who just sail up and down the chain, a couple from my Alma Mater San Diego State, a couple who are moving down to Charter out for their retirement and so many others.

Swells were up here as well, so the water at Loblolly was good for surfing and Cow Wreck as well. Both as beautiful as I remembered. I do enjoy limin at Cow Wreck. Hit Flash of Beauty and seemed to be the only one there for a couple hours. Damn life is rough. Having a place like that all to oneself.

Outside the people, I think the thing I like best about Anegada is that it reminds me of the island of 20 or so years ago, when it was quieter and so very friendly. Everyone says hi. Everyone has a smile on their face.

In case you haven’t gotten the idea, I highly recommend Neptune’s Treasure to anyone who wants to experience peace and what the islands used to be like.

Highlights of the trip overall:

Jet Blue
Cape Air
Clair Aero
Everyone at Sandcastle
Everyone at Neptune’s Treasure
Davide, Clele and Brandywine
Carib Supply
The people of the BVI
Maria’s by the Sea

Negatives:

Leaving