Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,962
Posts342,122
Members27,642
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
RonDon 22
GaKaye 21
bran 21
erb923 20
kim 19
mahokid 15
Member Spotlight
timnboston
timnboston
Beverly MA (Boston's North Shore)
Posts: 536
Joined: November 2006
Today's Birthdays
Dazzlingdg5, HillsideView, TerryG, TomB, wildbill069
Who's Online Now
8 members (road3682, oeastcoast, deputydog1157, SteveH, 4 invisible), 849 guests, and 89 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#338490 09/06/2025 09:54 PM
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514
Likes: 78
Manpot Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514
Likes: 78
Many of our lives were changed by Hurricane Irma...it brought us together as we faced the shock of massive damage to our beloved islands. Then today a nasty looking red blob heading our way fell apart into a lowly little yellow cross.
I'm not sure what that means but I am extremely grateful for it and I'll drink a margarita in a toast of thanks..

1 member likes this: toast
BVI Sponsors
.
Manpot #338491 09/06/2025 10:02 PM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Wow! Went from a 90% chance of being a hurricane in 7 days to 0% almost overnight! Great news!

Manpot #338492 09/06/2025 11:23 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 930
Likes: 2
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 930
Likes: 2
I couple of things I'll always remember. One are the before and after satellite pictures showing how the green, lush BVI had been stripped to a brown forest of topped trees.

I'll also remember coming for a charter a year after and without exception was awed by the faith and resilience of the people who had lived through it.

Here's to hoping you'll never encounter such a storm again.


Louis from Houston

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5