I just got back from an 8 day bareboat charter with sunsail on a 50' monohull with 10 people on board.

We were in the bvi last year; it was our first time. After our trip in 2004 I was sure that it was the best vacation I've ever had, and ever would have. I must say, that this years trip was the best trip I've ever had, and ever would have.

Last year a few things bothered me, but nothing serious. This year, I knew what to expect on the trip, and I have made a few observations.

Last year we didn't go to anegada. This year we went. Why didn't we go last year?!?!

Last year we had surly service from most waitresses and waiters, slow moving meals, and tip and/or tax questions. This year, most service people we meet were far more hospitable and sometimes a downright pleasure to be with. I don't know why.

Meals still slow moving in most places, but hey, that's island time. Besides where do I have to go.

Last year I was really worked up when I realized that were being lied to on most restaurant bills, by being charged tax when there is no tax. We often tipped on top of the tax not realizing that the tax was the tip. Now we know better, and I was fully prepared to not pay tax when asked. However, I was never asked once! smile I don't know what happened between this year and last. This time we were often charged a service charge, and it was labelled as such. And as I said before, most of our service was very good everywhere we went, so I had no problem paying the service charge.

Of the restaurants we ate at (fat hog bobs, the rock, potters, the last resort, and foxys) I was impressed by the food quality at all places. The best service we received was the rock, hands down. Although all the food was great where ever we ate, I just love foxys. It's simple food, but I just love a bbq...alot alot.

I can't wait to go back, and I just got home.

In case anyone is interested in seeing some of my pictures, they are at the link below.

http://community.webshots.com/album/325737236SMYvqU

That is all
Mojo Matt