Listed below is a report that I sent to Sandy Molloy on our stay in the Palm Court Studio that was rented thru Sandy's agency. Paid $135/night.

Hi Sandy,
First off...We had a great time!
We enjoyed the Palm Court. No problem checking in. The rooms were a nice size, with a balcony with table and chairs ( we used for a nice candle light dinner one night). The toilet and and shower were in different
rooms. The shower area was large and everything worked out well. The room itself was large and was better equipped than expected. Besides the basics of the mini fridge,safe and stove, there was also a phone, microwave,toaster,coffee maker,stereo system, tv with three english speaking channels (hbo,cnn and think the last was cinemax). The kitchen area was provisioned with glasses for wine and water, along with mugs for coffee. There were
dishes and eating utensils with a wine opener along with pots and pans and bowls to mix salads....cant think of anything that was missing.
There were plenty of towels of all sizes and extra sheets. When the cleaning service came on Wed...they did a good job cleaning and restocking all the towel. The room was also equipped with coffee, filters
and sweetners. For ice, we went to the lobby of the Palm Court and used the ice machine. There was a little road noise, from scooters going into Orient Bay village in the evenings....but things quickly
quieted down and all and all was peaceful. We liked the location and did a morning walk along the beach and picked up a pastry from Tap 5 to have with our morning coffee. Had one issue with the toilet and notified the Cap Caribes people and the issue was fixed that day. Had first spoke with the Palm Court receptionist who indicated that I should speak with the Cap Caribes group....but if I was unable to reach them, they would contact Maintenance for us. The Palm Court group also booked the sail on the
Scoobi Too to Anquilla, which we really enjoyed. To get your phone hooked up, you needed to notify the Palm Court receptionist and provide a CC number for any charge. Within a minute, the phone was activated. For
the price and location, could not have been at a better place.

With regards to eating...
We ate in Marigot a couple times at the La Vie en Rose. We loved the Avacado,Coconut,Lime and scallop soup. They were nice enough to tell us the ingrediants...so we will trying to recreate at home. The other item we ordered was the lobster salad. We split these items and had a couple of
glasses of wine. In Marigot, we also picked up fabulous desserts and crousants at the bakery across from the market area. We also had drinks (wine) at the Marina with the setting sun....beautiful setting. Within
Marigot, went to the Market one morning (7am) and picked up some very large avacado's, spices and hot sauce. One of the ingrediants for the soup was pink peppercorns...which we bought there. For a couple of lunches, we had french bread, caviar,brie and the avocado with a good bottle of French Chardonnay or Bordeaux.

Within Grand Case, we had a full course meal and bottle of wine....the presentation was a work of art and the food delicous. Do not recall the
name of the resturant... but was in the center of town. We also ate the Lolo's a couple of time...both Sky's the Limit and Talk of the town had excellent ribs, we had a slight preference for Talk of the Town's. It
was fun to taste compare.

Within Orient Beach village, we ate at Cote Plages. We had the Goat Cheese salad with Thyme and honey
. Tasty. In the course of the week, put a dent in the snail population. We had a pizza and ceasar salad at the Tap 5 restaurant. The salad was not good, but the pizza was ok. Both locations gave a complimentary after
dinner drinks of flavored rums.

We were able to rebook our flights and came back late last night....squeezed in an extra day. Our flight was originally going to depart at 4pm, but was
delayed to 5:30. We took a taxi over to the Sunset bar and had some grouper fingers and conch fritters and watched the planes. They were ok, but after eating on the French side all week....anything was going to be a let down.

We dove twice, once with Neptune divers and once with Scuba Fun. The visibility in both cases was not that good, due to the high winds. We thought the Scuba Fun was a very professional and safe operation and would recommend.

AAA car rentals....Alain took care of us. At no additional cost, we were upgraded to a 2006 Toyota corola(sp?)LX with only 600 miles. He also gave me liability insurance at no additional cost.
Would use them again. Had a blast driving the roads on the French side, but didnt
care for the traffic around Phillipsburg.

In Phillipsburg, blew my budget and bought a ring for my girlfriend at DK gems. Deepti took a lot of time working with my girlfriend to get the
"right style and size". We are both very pleased with ring. Got
carried away and bought 9 bottles of liqueur in Phillipsburg, of which 6 were the local flavored rum. I declared them at customs, but the agents
let us through without paying the extra duty.

A great trip and will be coming back.

Back to reality....it was 8 degrees when we arrive back home( 11:30pm)

ps..All the French people were very helpful...both associated with the hotels and visitors.