Just returned from PC yesterday, but not even sure the resort we stayed in was exactly the one you referenced. We stayed at the Barcelo Bavaro Beach adult only all-inclusive resort, a portion of the 3,000 room Barcelo site. The grounds are vast, and the rooms never ending.
The quick review--never wanted for the basics of a beach resorts like food, drinks, towels, shower water, or pool and beach chairs. Good room service, friendly staff (they appreciated us trying at least a little Spanish), and an energetic nightly 10 PM stage show with local talent. My only real problem was trying to get a room that I paid Travelocity extra for...Ocean Front Superior. After getting moved once but stll not totally satisfied, I gave up and accepted the key card. At least we got a first floor, building-end room which allowed for our own sun lounges as well as chairs and a table. The difference between "ocean view" and "ocean front" should be explained to Barcelo. Would I recommend? Easy to say yes, harder to say no.
PS: It is a sad sign of the times that the hours spent at the airport security lines dominated our negative experience. $10 arrival fee for all, but no departure tax for those returning to the USA or Canada (already paid with ticket)

Last edited by Carol_Hill; 03/08/2015 06:19 PM.

You can't take it with you, so leave it in the Caribbean.