My family and I went to Coconut Bay from 12-29-14 through 1-3-15. My kids, 8 & 6 years old loved the place. I am not sure of how much you have travelled in the Caribbean before, but this place is nice. They said the week from Christmas-New Years is their busiest time of the year.

The resort:
clean, great people, food was very good for an AI and we never got tired of it. There are 3 pools with separate vibes with 1 of them being an adult only area. 2 water slides and a lazy river, kids club for almost all ages. The kids pool had a kiddie swim up side of the bar. The resort is only 5 mins from the airport.

Beach:

The resort is on the Atlantic side, so it is very wavy. We saw no one snorkeling just kite surfing. The water was warm, but not conducive to swimming.

Even though it was their busiest week, we never had to "fight" for a pool chair, reservation and it never felt crowded t all. The clientele was more European and Canadian with a few of us Americans. I would recommend it as a family resort.

The negative is that the resort is located in Vieux Fort which is on the southern most part of the island and all the excursions are in the northern part. The roads are quite winding and their are a lot of switch backs. If you are prone to motion sickness or hungover, it could be a long ride. It was 45 mins to Seufrie(sp) and closer to 60 mins to Castries from the resort. I would recommend hiring a taxi or doing one the sponsored excursions rather then renting a car.

We did the sulfur springs, gondola ride, whale/dolphin watching and pretty much saw the whole island by doing this. It is a very mountainous and very beautiful island that we will return to someday.