|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,951
Posts342,011
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 845
Joined: September 2006
|
|
|
13 members (sxm1986, CJIMI, charlie, SXMScubaman, Rover, SharonfromSXM, lbksxm, ggffrr11, MarleneS, 4 invisible),
426
guests, and
54
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
#51438
04/22/2015 02:08 PM
|
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 4
Member
|
OP
Member
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 4 |
We leave Friday for our sailing trip. It's our first trip in six years, but our fifth BVI bareboat trip. We are so excited and I can't thank you all enough for all of the information I've gotten from this site. I do have one last question about the weather. When I look at the weather forecast, it looks beautiful and pretty calm. I was wondering about the north swells because of the post about the motor boat that went aground. Although I realize north swells do not normal occur at this time of year, are there north swells now? Thanks for any guidance.
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 507
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 507 |
The Josiah's bay boat grounding was an isolated incident. Stick to the main anchorages and you'll be fine except for Cane Garden Bay. A night there with north swells active can make for an uncomfortable night.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514 Likes: 78
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514 Likes: 78 |
We get our biggest north swells from around late Oct to March..but still get surf even during the summer if a tropical wave/depression comes through. I have surfed perfect six footers at Bomba's in late June..
|
|
|
|
|
|
|