Member Spotlight
casailor53
casailor53
Rincón PR
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
jeverny, JimE
Who's Online Now
33 registered members (socamon, Jeannius, MrEZgoin, Kelly H, drk, SURICK, MKGrey, KirkB, tpcook, ChiTownHarry, sugarae, geomo, RickinAtlanta, nevar37, SXMNAN, Fitzhughlaw, John, Thistle, jbutah, Time Will Tell, mark37, louismcc, George1234, SirRichard, ericlut, onlymedication, 7 invisible), 932 guests, and 75 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Provisioning Options - Hodges Creek #52560
04/30/2015 04:47 PM
04/30/2015 04:47 PM
Pacific NW
S
snmhanson Offline OP
Traveler
snmhanson  Offline OP
Traveler
S
Pacific NW
We have a charter with two families going out of Hodges Creek this June. We were planning on doing online provisioning, but now I am wondering if it might make more sense to provision ourselves. We are going to be arriving at the charter base pretty early in the morning and I hope to be off the dock by early afternoon. My though is that the taxi from the airport could drop the wives off at Riteway on the way to the charter base. They could then provision while I went through the checkout. Once they are done they could either grab a cab back to the charter base with the groceries, or we could possibly motor over and pick them up. If I remember correctly, Riteway is just above Red Rock restaurant, correct? And I think it's been redone and is larger with a better selection?

As far as online provisioning, we've only done it once and I don't remember exactly how it went. Are they generally on time and bring the complete order? Will they bring it all the way to the boat or just to the marina? Will they stock our boat if they arrive before us? My concern with online provisioning is if there is a glitch it could delay us getting off the dock. I also think it is just easier to go to the store and throw what you want in the cart, versus perusing pages of items on the internet to find what you want. My wife likes the idea of online provisioning, but I think provisioning in person might be the way to go this trip. Suggestions?

Thanks,

Matt

BVI Sponsors
Re: Provisioning Options - Hodges Creek [Re: snmhanson] #52561
04/30/2015 05:11 PM
04/30/2015 05:11 PM
Central Mass
Shauneen Offline
Traveler
Shauneen  Offline
Traveler
Central Mass
I would recommend both options. Provision all of the heavy stuff like water (I plan on 1/2 -3/4 gallons per person per day, soda, beer, alcohol and mixers. We bring all of our main courses with us frozen and buy produce and chips etc there. Having just ordered this week I would say TICO had the best price for the beer we wanted. Alcohol from both Bobby's and TICO's and we will get fresh produce and bread from Riteway. In the past I have gotten most of what I wanted provisioning, but it is great to be able to pick up last minute stuff in person.