Just got back...

Here is a photoshow of our trip...

Enjoy.

Booked flights from MSP to MIA. AA on the way down and NWA on the way back. No issues with the flights. The AA gates at MIA are quite nice by comparison to the NWA, but that is to be expected.

We paid for the transfers from the airport to the ship through Royal Caribbean via our travel agent. This seemed like a good idea at the time, but....

The main issue is the luggage. As you all know you are not allowed to carry and liquids or gels on the plane, soooo no sunscreen....We got to MIA at 10:30 a.m. and were comfortably on the ship and in our cabin by about 12:30. The only problem is we didn't get our luggage until closer to 5:00 PM. This was a problem and when I asked at the Purser's desk, they said they had know way of knowing where or when we would get our luggage. They showed be a flyer that you get on the ship that your luggage would be delivered between 4:30 - 7:30.

Next time we will take a cab and carry our own luggage. The trip from MIA to the cruise pier is not that far and you spend way too much time waiting around for luggage, etc..when you are on such a short cruise.

We had an outside cabin on the 4th deck and it was fine. The rooms are old and we were able to hear the room next to us quite clearly.....But this is kind of the way it is cruising. The dining room was fine, we were in the Mikado dining room and all was just O.K.. I wonder if the staff don't try as hard because the cruise is so short and building the relationships you would on a longer cruise is more difficult.

The first stop was the RC private island Coco Cay. This was a nice place to sit and do nothing. They do have a small "Straw Market" and a few beach bars, etc...They have a snorkeling excursion as well as a Glass bottom boat. They thing that you should know is that they require you to have a vest on for snorkeling. Even if you have your own mask, fins, and snorkel you are not allowed to snorkel without a vest. (Oh, and you can RENT the vest for only $6.00 per person) I was not a fan of this, but hey they have to make the $$.

We did go to a couple of shows, normal cruise ship fare. Fun, but not extra ordinary.

The next day was Nassau. It is a busy port with lots of shopping and things to do and see. We spent the morning on the Seahorse Catamarran for a 1/2 day snorkeling trip. The boat was nice and the snorkeling above average. Free Rum Punch on the way back. Great time and Great weather.....

Overall the trip was well worth the $$. We had an outside cabin and with Air and Cruise we spent under $1300.00 for two people. The staff were all nice, but I didn't see as much attention as I have on other cruises (both 7 day southern caribbean - one on Carnival (Inspiration - 1997) and the other Celebrity (Galaxy - 2001)). One example is they didn't have people wondering around offering bar service on the upper deck above the pool.

Overall we enjoyed the weekend and would most likely do it again.

Please PM if you have any specific questions and I will do my best to answer them for you..

Happy traveling.....

Majesty of The Seas - Bahamas - Sept. 15 - 18, 2006

dandbmn

Last edited by Administrator; 09/26/2006 09:57 AM.