Wonderful trip - thanks to all for suggestions. We flew into STT last Thursday, booked a cab ride with Kevin (waiting for us when we arrived 30 minutes early) and a quick ride on Native Son to the West End.

We rented a car from Jerry's (waiting for us at the terminal) and drove to Mongoose Apartments - on the beach with cocktails before sundown.
[Linked Image]

Mongoose was a perfect place for us - very clean and spacious. We stayed in the new section and had a large living room, kitchen with oven, stove, full size fridge and utensils. Comfortable bed, large bathroom, and a front patio with a grill. We picked up breakfast stuff at Bobby's, but didn't cook a lot. If we had stayed a week, we could have easily cooked dinners there.

As advertised, Mongoose is a short walk to CGB beach - close enough that we could shoot back for things we forgot without giving it a second thought. Sandra has a private area on the beach with all the chairs, lounges, floaties, kayaks, etc. that you could need. It's a couple hundred yard walk down to Rhymer's, The Elm, Quito's, Stanley's/Tony's and the rest of the bars and restaurants.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Our timing was perfect, if brief. No cruise ships in town. They were coming in on Monday, when we departed, but Sandra's area is far enough down the beach to avoid the bulk of the crowds (I think...). It's also a 10 minute drive to Brewer's Bay, Carrot and Long Bay, etc.

On Sandra's suggestion, we had dinner at Bananakeet Saturday night. Delicious food and a spectacular view.

[Linked Image]

Sunday night we went to The Elm, where I saw a couple sitting right up front by where the band would play. Being a stalker on this board, I thought it might be Malcolm and introduced myself. It was, and he and Candace graciously invited us to share their table, talk hockey, and learn why we were crazy to stay for such a short time. Being at Malcolm's table, we also met a number of others there, and he could explain the inside jokes in the songs. Front row for the Elmtones - and they nailed it. Great food, company, and music.

While the trip was short, it was terrific for us. We had beach, privacy, quiet time, and entertainment. Sandra was a perfect hostess and offered helpful advice based on what we were looking for. We will be back, hopefully for a longer stay next time.