A quick trip report. We rented a 38 ft cat from Barefoot yacht on Monday the 27th of Nov. for 9 days of sailing in Saint Vincent. We used ff miles on American and everything went smooth. Barefoot and their people were very professional and helpful. The only surprise was the boat deposite which has to be done in cash or travelers check, not credit card as done some of the other charter companys we have used. Their policy was clearly spelled out in info packet, but It didn't register. Sailing was great weather rainy afew times each day. We sailed the regular schedule except skipped Mistique. Their mooring policy seemed a ripoff to me. (I don't think they were broken-hearted we didn't stop)
Bequia and Admirality bay was probably the most developed place for restaurants, shops and supplies. We usually have breakfast and a light lunch on board and go out for dinner. We had great experiences every where. We had a great beach dinner at Shark Attack in Chatam bay on Union. A great meal at the little resort in Salt Whistle bay on Mayreau. Dennis's place was over rated in my opinion. Service extremely slow and food just so so. Don't get the ribs.
We snorkled every day. I think BVI is just as good. Lots of people at Tobago Cays and just OK. I was expecting more after all the hype in sailing guide and everthing I read.
Anchoring was fine. We had great holding everywhere. The ground equipment on the Barefoot boat was perfect. The plow anchor held great and everytime I checked after we anchored it would be berried.
Mopion was cool and so was Petit St. Vincent.
Boat Boys... Before the trip thought this could be a problem but I was wrong. They were very helpful and not too pushy some real characters.
A great sailing trip and Vacation. The poverity was more than I expected. I forget how good we have it in Iowa and think it is the same everywhere.
If anybody has feedback, will be glad to reply.
davejulie