We did a quicky trip to SXM, just 4 days at the end of November. Pulled a complete surprise on Jeana. Woke her up at 4 am, and basically told her we were having dinner at Baywatch that night! She thought I was nuts, but jumped out of bed and ran with it!
Arrived at Club O with enough time to catch a quick swim and a couple of beers before Bruce's SNOB TTOL party at Baywatch. Had a great time and met a gang of new, crazy folks that we were able to party with the rest of the weekend.
Basically we beached at the Perch each day and just went out for dinner. Sat night was Mario's Bistro. Had a wonderful romantic dinner with a waterside table. Even got to watch the tarpon having a little dinner in the canal.
To me, this is the nicest place on the Island.
Followed this up with some dancing at Papagauyo (spelling). Really was a good time.

Sunday we watched some planes land at SSBB. For some reason, this never gets old! Left and headed over to Toppers for dinner. This sort of gets interesting. I ordered the Prime Rib, which was on special. When it arrived, the rib was covered in what appeared and tasted like canned gravy. I took 2 bites and simply could not chew the meat. I complained to the waitress, who could not have been more accomodating. According to her, the Prime Rib that night had been frozen and apparently nuked to heat it up! It was like shoe leather! At any rate, they quickly brought out another meal, this time Shrimp Scampi, which was delicious! The manager came over and we could not pay for a drink the rest of the evening! Management and the waitress really bent over backward to make ammends for the lousy steak. Classify this as lousy start followed by a great finish. We ended the evening very pleased with this, our first visit to Toppers.

Monday we went to Aqua Marina, near Baywatch, for lunch with about a dozen of our new friends. We had never been there before, but certainly will the next time on the island. The meals were great, several appetizers were sent out on the house and at the conclusion of our meal, they brought out the Madoudou and a couple shakers of Kamikazees. Everybody hit the sand later that afternoon with a BUZZ!

Tuesday was horrible as it was return home day! The only bad thing about a visit to SXM is the fact that you have to leave!

Bob and Jeana