Here’s a different type of travel post. We’ve seen the usual, sail, snorkel sail some more then the mooring ball for the night and do the same the next day and etc. So I’ll try a new approach. This will be more about eating out.

5/25 – 6/7
First week it’s my wife and I on our own Cat HoneyCat. Arrive 5/26 at Road town Ferry docks around 5:00 pm. Both are hungry so we walk across the street to Pussers for dinner. The food was ok, we have had better there. The service was slower then normal and it wasn’t crowded. After dinner we walked to Bobby’s for provisions and yes we had 3 bags with us. One suit case and two carry ons plus wife’s purse. Shopped at Bobby’s then had them take us to our boat at BareCat Charters in Sea Cows Bay. I tipped him $10.

5/26- Had Dinner at Peter Island’s Ocean 7. It was very good. The food, table views and the service was great! I would recommend this place. No bugs! Spent the night on a ball out front.

5/27 – Getting ready for dinner at Marina Cay when a bunch of pirates showed up, Tom Garvey, Mike Kneafsey and family and Manpot pulled up along side our cat on Sanctuary. They were looking for boose but we don’t drink. How ever there was an old bottle of rum onboard and I tossed it to them but it fell short and went in the water. I never saw Mike K dive in so fast in my life. Dinner was very good at this Pusser’s, good table and had the best server ever in the BVI. We talked to her and found out she’s from NY city and has been in the BVI for 10 years I think.

5/28 – Had a great lunch at Saba Rock. This place is always good, so beautiful there. Had dinner on the boat, chicken.

5/29 – Had Dinner at Foxy’s JVD. It was our first time there for dinner. I was not impressed. Food was ok, slower service then normal for the BVI and there were a lot of bugs. Bring a can of OFF if you go.

5/30 - On to White Bay, had a great lunch at Soggy Dollar. This place ROCKS! Then sailed over to CGB, Had dinner on the boat and after saw Quito and his band.

5/31 – Picked up my brother, his wife and our mom at Soper’s arriving from STT for our second week. My mom was so in tune to this trip for weeks. The 3 of them were meeting at the airport in Rochester NY and all flying together. My brother is waiting for mom at the airport and it’s getting late, so he calls her on her cell to see where she was and she answers from her bed at home. Yes, she over sleeps and misses the plane. So my brother gets to Sopers at 1:00 pm and Mom just makes the last Ferry over at about 5:00. Had a great dinner at The Jolly Roger. Special was Jerk Prime Rib, it was very good. Lou is a great guy.

6/1 - Did White Bay JVD again for lunch and again it was wonderful. Then heading over to Little Harbor and had a very nice lobster dinner at Harris’s Cinthiya there is a hoot. She did the two finger eyes to eyes with me and soon will have my picture with her up on her bar next to hers taken with Walter Cronkite and the late Peter Jennings. I did sign the picture too.

6/2 – We had a wonderful dinner at Pirates Bight at Norman’s Bight. It was the first time there and what a nice place that is. The sunset was wonderful. I hiked up the hill for some great shots of the Bight.

6/3 – Took the newbies over to Marina Cay for another nice Dinner. It was full there, great crowed for dinner and the sevice was very good for having that many people there for dinner. They loved the place as in the whole Island.

6/4 - Headed back to Saba Rock for lunch. Had to show the new sailor people what a nice place this is. The lunch was again very good. We had the same server as last week and she was all smiles again. We had Dinner at Leverick Bay out side at the Bar, pizza and wings. A simple meal, but good.

6/5 – Here’s a first and I would highly recommend this with having some non swimming type people on the boat. We went to the Baths by taxi from Leverick Bay. What a great ride, great views and so on. Arriving at the top of the Baths, (for the first time) was nice, great pictures taken. We walked down to the shore and did the walk through the rocks. No getting in and out of the dinghy. We used J & L Landscape/Taxi service. His wife works at the Pusser’s store at Leverick. I asked him how much per person before we left, he said $6 each one way. I thought he was kidding. He waited for us or just returned to get us after two hours and drove us back to Leverick. I asked him how much do I owe him for R/T for 5 people. He said $60. I gave him a $100. What a great guy and he stopped for us to take some pictures from Gorda Peak. On to Cooper Island and had a very nice dinner at Cooper Island Beach Club. Food was good and very good service. Another nice sunset as well.

6/6 - Sailed back to BareCat, took a taxi to Spaghetti Junction for dinner. I had Tuna and it was the best. We all had a wonderful dinner there.

After a few years of eating out in the BVI, I can say the food and service is getting much better. The people are more friendly and so on. I don’t think the prices were expensive or even much higher then in the past. I did pay $5.98 per gallon for diesel at leverick Bay last week. Two weeks of sailing and motoring some. HoneyCat only took 16 gallons. Those twin Volvo’s are very lean on fuel.

Thanks for reading,
Greg, the proud owner of HoneyCat, an Island Spirit 401 Cat.
http://www.digiproofs.com/ecom/page_view.pl?p=FuiQe6x