Day 1, Saturday the 10th. Left Rochester headed to Philly with 3 newbie's who couldn't wait to get to the BVI. While at the Philly airport awaiting to board our plane to St. Thomas there was I believe the Philadelphia Eagles charter plane getting ready to head to NY for the following game against the Giants. Our plane and the Eagles plane were leaving the gate at the same time. Were the players onboard? Arrived in St Thomas and took the Ferry to Road Town. This would be the first test for the 3 newbie's to see if they would get some kind of sea sickness, they did fine. We arrived to our catamaran HoneyCat, the girls went to Bobbys and the boys stayed with me on the boat to un- pack. After the girls return with provisions and everything was put away we took a cab to Trellis for the full moon party. We were trying to meet up with some other TTOLers but never connected. The 3 newbie's had a great time.

Day 2, Next test for the newbie's, the first sail for them. We headed from Sea Cows Bay over to Norman and anchored in Kelly's Cove and did some snorkeling. They seemed to make it there ok. We stayed about an hour and our plan was to head to Cooper from there for the first night off the dock. We didn't get far and I was told to find land quick. I pulled into Great Harbor on Peter Island for the night. Did more Snorkeling and etc. They all had a good time in the water.

Day 3, From Peter we headed straight to Marina Cay. Saw Michael Bean's show and everyone loved that and Marina Cay and did more snorkeling. Ran into some people there we knew and etc.

Day 4, Left marina Cay and sailed a short sail over to the back side of Great Camanoe and into Lee Bay. Dropped the Hook and snorkeled more. The wind picked up and our Cat, HoneyCat started drifting away while we were in the water. My wife and I were about 60 yards away when she noticed our boat drifting. She yelled to me and off she went to the boat like a hungry seal after a penguin. She beat me to the boat only because she had a head start and was closer. She said she out swam me. I don't think so. She started the engines and I raised the anchor. When the anchor was up the 3 newbie's were at the sugar scoops. No big deal, but is was kind on neat seeing your boat drifting away when your not on it. After that we headed for a longer sail to JVD and the Bubbly Pool. It was a fast downed wind sail with the waves. I did some Jibes and it took about 2.5 hours. The newbie's were find all the way. No real rolling heading down wind and riding the waves. Bubbly pool was a hit. met some nice people there and on our walk back ran into Rob, (Fishhead) and Lee who chartered HoneyCat for their Honeymoon last June. We spent the night in front of Foxy's Taboo.

Day 5, Sailed to White bay and spent the whole day and night there. We all had the best time there. Mic at The Soggy Dollar showed the boys how to catch Lizards, they loved that one. White bay, need I say more?

Day 6, White Bay again until 2:00 pm then headed to Sopers. Wife was motoring around for 25 mins looking for a ball. Very busy there and it seemed all the Voyage boats were not out on a charter except for two that I saw, George's boat "Dream Cat" who I talked to the guys onboard and another one that I saw. So this put all those big Voyage boats on public moorings in Sopers Hole and left none for anyone else. I guess there's not enough room for them at the dock when they don't get booked. The newbie's loved to shop at Sopers and we had another great Dinner at The Jolly Roger. While there I saw two groups of people come in for Dinner that I mentioned to them how good the food was. I pointed out the groups to Lou telling him I recommended then your place. Lou bought us a round of Drinks. Then I pointed out 4 other groups and told him that I also mentioned to them to have dinner at The Jolly Roger hoping Lou would pick up the tab, it didn't work. We met DawnB and Jim at Sopers and chatted some. Nice to meet you Dawn and Jim.

Day 7, Left Sopers early to head Back to BareCat Charters in Sea Cows Bay so the newbie's could do Dolphin Discover. It took about 2.5 hours to sail heading into some nice size waves and wind. The newbie's had a very hard time with that sail and cookies were tossed. Yes the newbie's all did take motion pills. Made it back to BareCat and took a cab to Dolphin Discovery. Just the newbie's did that and they very much enjoyed it. After that we walked to Road town and spent some time there. had a nice time.

Day 8, Headed back to St Thomas via Ferry and flew back home through Philly airport again. The boys, (9 &13) said, "hey, there's Ted Nugent" It was, so they met Ted and had pictures with them. The boys watch him on the Hunting Channel all the time and have no idea he's a rock star. Nice guy!

We met a lot of nice people this trip. Some we knew and other's for the first time. Our plan was to head to North Sound and then to Anegada but didn't because the newbie's could not do a long sail. We had to make them short. If we had gone to Anegada we would have been there to See Jimmy Buffet. Well, his lost, maybe next time JB.

Here are some pictures.
http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding...;localeid=en_US

Greg, The proud owner of HoneyCat, an Island Spirit 401 Cat