Member Spotlight
CanuckTravlr
CanuckTravlr
Toronto, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
ejb8910, periwinkle, SANFILIP
Who's Online Now
29 registered members (onlymedication, Matt W, SXMScubaman, mark37, lhbsurf, ChiTownHarry, bran, Compskier, Jspoone, JerseyPal, boucharda, marisol, Todd_Melinda_K, JandIrene, Alltech63, Kennys, barryvabeach, 12 invisible), 1,299 guests, and 136 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Wonky Dog & Scaramouche Reviews #89223
03/07/2016 11:00 AM
03/07/2016 11:00 AM
Close to the water as possible
Flotsam Offline OP
Traveler
Flotsam  Offline OP
Traveler
Close to the water as possible
Upon the recommendations of others here in response to my questions a coupla weeks ago, I took our group to Wonky Dog on Anegada and to Scaramouche in West End. Thoughts on each:

Wonky Dog: Loved it. The lobsters were delicious, and the the food as well as the presentation and service far superior to what we had experienced at the Reef Hotel the last couple of trips. Got to meet both Peter and Desne Penman, super nice folks. Two thumbs up.

Scaramouche: Totally enjoyable dining experience. Yes, it's expensive, but given the incredible menu and outstanding quality of the cuisine, we still considered it a good value. I had quite a group of foodies on this trip, including a serious chef, and they all enjoyed it so much the evening we arrived in West End, they insisted on reservations for our last night before departure! One note - as we left I said to one of the owners "See you next time!" to which he quietly replied "If we're still here." It would be a crying shame to let this place go away; if you're up for a memorable meal, give them a try!

Flotsam

Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.
BVI Sponsors
Re: Wonky Dog & Scaramouche Reviews [Re: Flotsam] #89224
03/07/2016 11:06 AM
03/07/2016 11:06 AM
Tortola/ Sonoma, California
Manpot Offline
Traveler
Manpot  Offline
Traveler
Tortola/ Sonoma, California
Totally agree with both your reviews..had brunch at "Scaramouche" yesterday and they are preparing for their second anniversary..dont think they are going anywhere..just wish they could get enough staff to resume their amazing lunches!