Went to bed late the night before our flight and was up around 5 am. Finally out the door at 7 am, stopped for breakfast, and then off to see our son and granddaughter, and drop off a vehicle. Finally off to the airport and parked at preflight, of course we were stuck behind a bridge crossing for 25 minutes so a boat could cross. Parked the car in there lot and was immediately picked up by the shuttle. We were dropped off at the JB terminal and had a couple hundred yards to an escalator to get to the departure floor. We walk over to where JB had their international check in and lo and behold, it is no longer a JB check in but another airline. So much for Logan’s terminal plan from their website.

Very short line at JB check in and we finished being ticketed within a couple of minutes, and to our surprise, we received TSA pre-check, meaning no taking off your shoes, belt and taking items out of your pockets. We received pre-check last year also, and thought then that it was a fluke, as we had not applied for it.

Grabbed a bit to eat at Legal Seafood, and meet a couple who were flying to the island for their honeymoon as they were married on Thursday. Therefore, we gave them the lowdown on the island and walked with them to our gate. Then I realized that I forgot my island nano sim at home, but, I sent an email to Sharon, yes that Sharon the Queen of SXM, and she was able to secure for me a rental nano sim card and also give me the phone number so that I could tell my relatives our number before we boarded. She is one of the best!!! Thank you SHARON.

The flight was uneventful, and when we landed found that it had been raining on the island for part of the afternoon. Went through customs first and then our luggage was procured within a couple of minutes. The airport did not have any other arrivals at the same time we arrive, 4:50 pm. Flight from Boston non-stop and direct gate to ground 3 hours and 50 minutes

The shuttle took us over to Empress Car rental, where Marvin was waiting to fill out our paperwork and within a couple of minutes, we were off. Made our way to Sharon’s place before they closed to get the sim and made sure that the sim card worked, and then off to the Atrium. Check in was fast and we were in our room within minutes.

As always, Jeannie from Shop N’ Drop had out food order delivered and put away as this is another one of the best things that could happen on this island! THANK YOU JEANNIE. Unpacked and made our way to BBB to meet up with Justin, but did not find him and his group. We sat down, grabbed a couple of cold ones, and ordered the sausage grinder for the wife and I had the full rib platter. I also had the shot of the day, a “wet [censored]” and a banana homemade rum shot….wow, definitely got me in the island mood. We went to Market Garden for a few items that we forgot to order from Jeannie, and returned to our room unwound and went to bed early, before 10 on our first day.