We got to Logan at 3:00a.m. on Nov. 5th and there was already a line, but once the counters opened at 4:30 [Linked Image] the line moved pretty quick. JFK also had lines, but they did move quickly and we were through with minimal hassle. Got to SXM around 1:30 and made our way to LeMeridien. What a drive going up that hill to get there! Checked in, changed clothes and headed straight for the beach. Very nice, only a few people on the beach. Got some cocktails from the bar and settled in. Had dinner that night at the LeVeranda right there at the hotel. Wonderful meal and very reasonably priced, even with an appetizer and whole bottle of wine, the bill was around $80.00.<br><br>Tuesday, I wanted to go into Phillipsburg and go shopping. We strolled down Front St. once to stop into all the shops to look around and check prices and then on the way back, stopped in to shop. Bought a small box of mini cuban cigars (which I carefully smuggled home[Linked Image]) tried all the flavors of MaDouDou in one of the liquor stores and bought a bottle of banana vanilla, guavaberry and coconut, as well as a bottle of Capt. Morgan for back at the hotel room. Picked up souveneirs for the kids, a beautiful 3 carat blue topaz with diamonds engagement ring for me [Linked Image] and were done by 11:30. Drove over to Orient Beach, shed the unnecessary clothing and enjoyed the sun and water. Had several guavaberry coladas [Linked Image] and ate lunch at Pedro's. There was a 3 man band playing and people were dancing - very fun. Back to the hotel and by 8:30 was getting hungry again, so we walked over to the Calypso Bar to get a bite. Had yet another drink and shared a large salad and omelette, both which were very good, although the waitress wasn't too pleasant.<br><br>Wednesday, headed down to the beach at the hotel first thing in the morning. There was only a few other people there, it was like having the whole beach to ourselves. About 11:00 we packed up and headed out. I wanted to see the Butterfly Farm, so we went over there. I enjoyed it, Jim tolerated it. From there we headed over to Dawn Beach and Mr. Busby's. Got our chairs and umbrella and spent the rest of the day swimming, tanning and drinking (what more is there?) Went into Marigot for dinner - La Vie en Rose. Got there about 7:00 and were the first ones there. Sat out on the terrace and had another wonderful meal, a fine bottle of wine and even splurged on dessert - mini creme brulees - YUMMY! That was a little more pricey than expected, about $150.00, but hey, that's what vacation is for, right? I wanted to drive around a bit and we ended up at Peg Leg Pub. There was a few people there when we arrived, but then they left and we were the only ones there. Miriam (sp.?)the bartender, sat and gabbed with us for awhile - what a nice person to talk to. Neil came out and I introduced myself and told him I had heard all about his new place from TTOL. He chatted with us for awhile. The Irish Mist we were drinking began to kick in and we decided it was time to head back to the hotel. WARNING - that hill into LeMeridien is NO fun after drinking a bottle of wine and then Irish Mist!! But we made it safely to the hotel and proceeded to pass out.<br><br>Thursday, back down to the beach at the hotel for some more sun and hopefully, dry out a bit before beginning to imbibe again. It clouded up and started to sprinkle around 1:00, so we headed over to Grand Case and had a late lunch at Talk of The Town. Stopped into LeBounty grocery and picked up some fresh french bread and pate for later in the room. It really began raining so we went back to the hotel and sat on the terrace and had a few drinks.<br><br>Friday, still rainy. What a bummer, I had been hoping to get a few hours of sun in before leaving for the airport, but, oh well. Had no problem checking in at the airport, and Jim was quite nervous about me having the cigars in my suitcase, but no one searched any of our bags. [Linked Image] Got some coffee and scrumptious pastry at Carl & Sons - good thing I didn't find that place sooner! Flight home was long and uneventful.<br><br>There were so many things we wanted to do and just not enough time! But we enjoyed every minute we were there - everyone we encountered was so friendly (except the waitress at Calypso). The LeMeridien was beautiful. The round shower thing kind of threw us at first, but we got used to it. The grounds and gardens were so well cared for and clean. We swam in the pool everynight before going to bed and were always the only ones out there. We were talking to one of the desk clerks who told us the resort at full capacity holds 900 guests and there were only 120 while we were there. SXM definitely holds a permanent spot on our list of vacation destinations and I've already begun scouting out places to stay for next year. Thanks to everyone for all your suggestions and recommendations! [Linked Image]<br><br>Kelly<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Administrator on 12/10/01 01:34 PM.</EM></FONT></P>