Member Spotlight
Droner
Droner
Texas
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
BVIdreamin
Who's Online Now
28 registered members (IWIWSE, Fitzhughlaw, Zanshin, Sunnysideup, DannynGinger, SXMScubaman, Carib_Ian, DEL, Latadjust, panman, GeorgeC1, marybeth, Uksimonusa, WWII, eightzerobits, TC42, Todd, bailau, CaribbeanCanadians, deliveryskipper, RickinAtlanta, 7 invisible), 719 guests, and 214 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
British Virgin Islands
13 minutes ago
I’m trying to find info on Ann’s cottages. I can’t find a web site. I’m looking for amenities and prices.

Thank you,
Ellen
0 13 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
31 minutes ago
We called Latour asking for paperwork to return the unit. Paper work sent and we were charged 1 weeks maintenance fee. Took maybe a month to complete but all went smoothly .
17 1,051 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:43 PM
Mort, how did you return your unit?
That is what we are thinking we are going to do.
17 1,051 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by Todd
If I am correct, Festiva is associated with Ramada (Wyndham) but not owned by Ramada. Festiva is owned by Zealandia Capital. Not sure if Zealandia or Wyndham has a worse reputation, I think they compete for that title. I think other Festiva properties are under Wyndham and others but not going to research that. Then add the association to La Tour, it is a mess of companies.

Perhaps I am mistaken but I thought Atrium is under Wyndham currently.

Having traveled extensively with dogs for the past 12 years and usually staying at LaQuinta properties, once they were under the Wyndham umbrella, things went downhill in many cases and properties were not like they used to be. We have stayed at some decent Laquinta/Wyndham hotels recently but it is hit or miss and they also instituted a pet fee than LaQuinta never had.
17 1,051 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by timnboston
Have owned at the RI for 25 years and never had a special assessment. And twice when the resort was shut down because of storm damage the annual maintenance fee was waived.

I can't recall ever getting a special assessment at Flamingo in the 25 years of ownership. We did have to pay a partial MF during Covid and during the rebuild but was given additional weeks to use in addition to our regular weeks through Destination Exchange for any Diamond property that is now Hilton. I'm using 2 of those weeks next month in SXM in addition to my normal July week as I did for our last stay in May/June.
17 1,051 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 08:38 PM
If I am correct, Festiva is associated with Ramada (Wyndham) but not owned by Ramada. Festiva is owned by Zealandia Capital. Not sure if Zealandia or Wyndham has a worse reputation, I think they compete for that title. I think other Festiva properties are under Wyndham and others but not going to research that. Then add the association to La Tour, it is a mess of companies.
17 1,051 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 08:02 PM
Sounds like a wonderful couple of days. Thank you for reporting and the pictures.
6 586 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 07:52 PM
Have owned at the RI for 25 years and never had a special assessment. And twice when the resort was shut down because of storm damage the annual maintenance fee was waived.
17 1,051 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 07:44 PM
If you were able to buy it long ago or at a good price and use it , its probably still a good deal. Hotel prices have been going up a lot also and about everything cost more and more.
17 1,051 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 07:31 PM
Thanks again for sharing food and photos. I know the little ice cream place you're talking about; we frequented that spot in January. 3 times to Sao this trip? That's enough to sell me on trying it next time. Enjoy.
6 586 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 07:29 PM
Thanks as always for sharing, and safe travels home.
18 940 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 06:05 PM
Atrium is now a Ramada Resort so this new assessment is done by them!
17 1,051 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 05:28 PM
Atrium is probably wanting to fix it up at the owners expense so they can unload it to some conglomerate like Diamond did at the Flamingo, Now The Hilton.
17 1,051 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 05:18 PM
Looks like the MIA flight AA2240 is delayed departure from MIA until 1504p from 1159a..... and AA 456 is on time arrival and departure
18 940 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 04:05 PM
When looking for a new timeshare, check out resales.

We purchased ours for $1000.00. about 75% less than what our resort offers.

Definitely would recommend Royal Islander.

Didn't have to pay yearly dues during covid year and don't ever recall any other payments.

Yearly do not go up much from year to year and property is well kept with a wonderful staff.
17 1,051 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 04:05 PM
Nothing in advance needed. They will give you the form on the plane before you land. Just have a black pen with you.
5 310 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 04:03 PM
This is what I do.

I have a no foreign transaction card from Cap One that I ONLY use internationally. I also have a checking account and debit card for this purpose too.

I can charge, get cash, etc.... All from accounts that are not my daily use ones.

Keith
7 274 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 03:57 PM
I just took the time to go over the letter and on page 2 there is a key statement that confirms that we are walking away or at least not paying the special assessment. We are lucky that we have an every other year unit so don't have any AMF's paid for this year so we will ride out what ends up happening. If we did pay AMF's with the way that letter is worded, we would still walk.

"There will be a special assessment each year to fund these renovations. Attached is your invoice for this year". Then it list what they will do over the three years which does not come close to the amount that they would receive.

That is insane, and there is nothing that states how much the two future special assessments are going to be. This is a money grab, makes it worse than paying Flamingo rates.

As stated by RonDon, La Vista is a great place if you are looking to buy. We see our travel plans changing a lot in the next few years so we ended up selling our La Vista units through the resort and got full retail value minus their commission, we actually made money on the buy/sell there. Royal Islander is another place that seems to hold value. Key for us is never finance a time share, buy foreign only and don't give your SS# when you do buy no matter how many times they ask for it, do your research and know that at some point you may be walking away with nothing but memories.
17 1,051 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 03:52 PM
Safe travel, good luck.
18 940 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 03:41 PM
crsxm--we generally go to Le String, but decided on Orange Fever this time. We've been there before and it was good, and truthfully, I probably wanted the pizza, as much as anything, as the reason why we went! smile We didn't even go to P'burg this year, as we often don't. Our flight is delayed a bit, not much, as the incoming flight is delayed from Miami. I just hope that it is not further delayed, but we will see.

WhaleTail--Thanks for your pictures, over various trips. Thanks for the good wishes.
18 940 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 03:38 PM
We only got ours as we filed in to the airport building after getting off the plane. Had it filled out by the time we got to the agent.
5 310 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 03:37 PM
Not exactly a solution but as a mitigation step, I got a dedicated card for my trip and used it for all my CC transactions.

I had been thinking about getting an Apple Card anyway and someone had mentioned that using a secondary card so that you don't have to cancel your main card (used for all your other auto-payments, etc.) should your card be compromised, is a good idea. So I got the card and used it wherever I could use a CC. No compromises on it so it wasn't really an issue but peace of mind at least.
7 274 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 03:26 PM
Thank you for all your reports and giant pictures. We also stop at the Greenhouse for dinner multiple times every visit. They do bring my 2 for 1 beers at the same time, but they make sure my second one stays cold.
Safe travels.
18 940 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 03:17 PM
Enjoyed your reports and the photos! I really need to work on that! We usually hit LeString when on Orient. After all the good reviews, we may have to give Orange Fever a try in July. We also enjoy the Greenhouse -- but the one in Philipsburg. It's a short walk after Church on our first night. Good food and the service is always with a smile. Hope the airport goes well and you have a safe flight home....
18 940 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 03:01 PM
Thank you
7 274 Read More
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3