Member Spotlight
Ritchard
Ritchard
Eastern Caribbean
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
SandS
Who's Online Now
53 registered members (captmoby, NumberCruncher, GeorgeC1, clanzone, SXMScubaman, Buddyhog, Matt W, bakins, AutoPaint, xrayman67, McLovin, pburke40, wendyk, FatCat04, Rbailey, Zanshin, Sea_Skyman, captmonk, dlparch, SANFILIP, drk, jollymonsrv, ACS, mombgb, SURICK, CarolinaSailor, sugarae, cvo, KirkB, SteveH, cabokid, MKGrey, Kennys, Volle Maan, luvtotravel, Jaybird, fabila, Houston, road3682, Leagle49, PiratePam, mark37, bostonbob, 10 invisible), 205 guests, and 82 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
St. Maarten - St. Martin
7 minutes ago
Nice for vehicle traffic not getting held up for openings.
1 47 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
21 minutes ago
CariLee
Dont forget, you can get your Covid test printed at the front desk.
They will be happy to do it.

Drphilsxm
11 345 Read More
British Virgin Islands
23 minutes ago
Just saw a post on FB that the USVI Travel Portal will be discontinued on June 1st.
Has anyone heard anything about this?
0 19 Read More
British Virgin Islands
26 minutes ago
Hello,

Anyone know whether BEYC closes for the season and when they reopen? For example Saba reopens on October 16. Curious if BEYC has same type of thing. Also, any other places on VG also close for season?

Thanks in advance!
0 19 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
44 minutes ago
I bought a weekly pass in April for $150. 2 chairs and an umbrella. You can only get them from Cedric.
2 233 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
I would stick with the recommended 3 hours for international. Why take a chance.
2 57 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
Two calendar days before, not 48 hours.
124 23,851 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
I am going to close this thread as it has become a target of spammers.
5 2,100 Read More
World Wide Travel
8 hours ago
Thanks for the trip. Awesome
45 2,569 Read More
United States & Canada
9 hours ago
Kaui was our last trip in 2020 before the world changed. Natural beauty is incredible: Waimea Canyon and Napali Coast are geographic bewilderments that can only be appreciated in person. A few top recomendations:

Waimea Canyon: you can drive to several lookouts within the park (and you will need a car on Kauai). When we were there, there were a few native Hawaiians doing an unofficial presentation about culture and history on the island that was very interesting and authentic.
Napali Coast: Cannot be seen or accessed from a road. The hike is one of the best on Earth, but professional grade difficult. You can see it by helicopter. Best seen by water IMHO: there are many catamarans that go out for day cruises, I reccomend sunset, but a day cruise will include snorkeling. Can also be accessed by kayak tour, and there are beaches that can be camped.
rivers and waterfalls This is the only Hawiian island with navigable rivers. Lots of waterfalls throughout the island. Secret Falls kayak/hike checks lots of boxes in one trip and easy to rent a kayak. Take tandems, its a harder paddle back than it is up, but kids can make the trip. It is crowded. More secluded adventures for more intrepid travelers.

Here's my full boating report with a few photos Busy Boater: Kaui

We've also been to Oahu/Waikiki a few times. Special place in my heart because it was my first vacation with my wife. My favorites: Diamond Head Hike, Waikiki Beach Catamarans, and wandering through the midcentury hotels. We rented a car the first time we were in Oahu and never pulled it out of the garage. Driving around Waikiki is a PITA and it is very walkable. But if you are only there for 1-2 days and going to Arizona, it might make sense.

Diamond Head: Volcanic Crater with WWII military installation and beautiful views. You can drive into the crater and hike to the top. Its crowded, the trail is pretty improved, but lot of elevation change. I've walked from Waikiki to the top of the crater and back twice in one day, and I'm an average walker.
Beach Catamarans If you have some free time, walk up to any of the catamarans on the beach and they will have a cash price for 1-hour sale. Cheaper than online. Years ago I think we paid $6 for the sail, $1 for mai tais and $2 for Budweiser. Stick with the Budweiser. Beautiful to see Waikiki from the water.
Hotels So many historic hotels. Not all in great condition, but nonetheless, memories from bygone eras. Sheraton from Brady Bunch. Surf Rider from Blue Hawaii. Kaimaina Beach Hotel has a really cool old bar/lobby that still looks as it did on Magnumm PI. Hyatt is designed like a John Portman atrium hotel, but there's no roof on the atrium! Royal Hawaiian was a bust last time we were there (2019).
BeachThe beach is great for boogie boarding or learning to surf too. For more peace and quiet, head south through the park to Kamaina Beach.

Here's my Oahu boating report Busy Boater: Oahu

Feel free to DM me with other questions and have a great trip!
10 2,041 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
10 hours ago
Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Enjoy your day, Scuba!

We sure did Carol. Easy to do on St Maarten.
38 3,867 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:55 PM
CaribLee ,
If you want a hard copy just email it to the front desk.
They will print it for you.
Email to frontdesk@royalislander.com
If you want, go to the front desk and email it while you are there 🙂
Nice meeting and chatting with you guys while you were here.

Cheers
Drphilsxm
6 216 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:35 PM
Here’s another beauty
11 513 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Yep
7 644 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 10:03 PM
[quote=SVNorthStar]I don't share the certainty of others that we have enough info to know that operator was plainly out of bounds here, as likely as it may seem.{/quote]

I don't think anyone has implied he was out of bounds; rather he failed to properly attach to the mooring.
51 6,803 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:46 PM
Correct as long as you're vaxed. 15 for mandatory insurance and you're good to go. Negative test day before to return.
8 738 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:06 PM
cruzer--that is really good news, that they are starting work on Calmos! I miss that place!!
9 440 Read More
World Wide Travel
Yesterday at 08:53 PM
AT&T is the same $10 plan. As soon as you take your phone out of Airplane Mode the account gets charged $10 for 24 hours. That timer starts from the moment you turn on +24 hours not the calendar day.
We survived for two weeks in France with just Wi-Fi and Whats App. Wi-Fi is everywhere, and most the restaurants and bars have free service for customers. Apple facetime works also.

We also used Google maps for driving and walking around in the city. While we had service I would put in the way points and it downloaded the maps required. You do not require Wi-Fi for GPS, but you do need Wi-Fi for the maps.

The $10 pay as you go works out - if you need it you have it. If you do not need you do not pay.
3 50 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 08:35 PM
If you go to lagoonies it will be assumed that you are a sailor or work in that trade. You are almost certain to meet people who are at some stage of sailing up or down or in or out of the Caribbean nearly any hour they are open due to their reputation and proximity by dingy to places that sailors frequent. The food and drink is fine and the happy hour is an outstanding deal, but all of that is more less secondary to the people and their stories.
11 894 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 07:53 PM
Is Garfield still on Anegada? Is there a current contact for him?
0 157 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 06:25 PM
Probably so. Haven't been on the 590e before so am sure I will learn a lot about how this particular one works. But with 12 crew on board hard to say what demands will be made on energy consumption. And we will be a little more than a week.
9 339 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 06:22 PM
Thanks for the heads up Jason - these are the little curves that are not really evident in the government issuances.
9 198 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 02:44 PM
MJ and I stopped there for lunch one day, cocktails a couple times, we enjoyed it and the setting is clean and pleasant.
2 254 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 01:58 PM
Luxbar is great. Needs more exposure. Our group enjoyed a round of Pappy’s and some great friendship. Barkeep is great and very knowledgeable. The shop, across the street , has the best higher brands at good prices.( just not open all the time)
6 541 Read More