Member Spotlight
CaptainJay
CaptainJay
Saint Thomas, USVI
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
SXMNorm
Who's Online Now
24 registered members (jbutah, SXMbeacher, OllieEh, dennis623, MikeBiondo, RickinAtlanta, ARC, bostonbob, SXMBND, GeorgeC1, George1234, Kennys, Beansbbq, sunmantwo, KenW, 9 invisible), 1,070 guests, and 157 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 minutes ago

Our first stop was for cat food. Next day we bought regular state-side whole milk--not the shelf stale stuff, high quality kibble, and some inexpensive SuperU house brands of pate and sauced meals. Also, the cats have a standing invite with the French couple, the Lamoles, at 4 pm for another snack session. They have no shame about convincing other hotel guests that they haven't eaten for weeks. BTW, Picasso is the "she" and Pablo is her son.
5 496 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Guessing that's why you were asking about the hotel next to BSV. We've had extra days to figure out the past few years for the same reason. I like to spend those days on the French side, since our timeshare weeks are at La Vista Beach. This year we're spending two nights at La Playa.
1 127 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
Arriving in the BVIs tomorrow afternoon sometime. Sounds like I need to purchase some security items.
38 3,287 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Yes they do and my next one is June 9th when I make 66 and our Son makes 24 , but more of a good dinner lol because when I travel , good restaurants is the top of the list , downtown Toronto where they both live , i.e Daughter and Son.
16 1,072 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
Great photos.
4 386 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
Thanx everyone,
3 335 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
We were told by a commercial lobster fisherman that once they are taken out of their environment and put in a tank they slowly feed upon themselves. Best to get a frozen tail unless they are consumed soon after caught.
18 1,280 Read More
British Virgin Islands
6 hours ago
To try and simplify the program if it’s possible. AA’s program runs 1 Apr to 1 Apr each year for status (loyalty points) You however accrue the loyalty points toward status 1 Mar to 1 Mar. This means that on 1 Mar each year your loyalty points drop to zero until your Mar statement posts sometime in Apr. Your FF miles don’t go away and continue to accrue normally. Your loyalty points as of 28 Feb will determine your FF status starting 1 APR for the next year. Because of the one month offset you will show zero loyalty points in the month of Mar. in addition you get paid 10,000 bonus loyalty points when you hit the 50,000 and 90,000 point level in a given year.
It is worth it to reach basic platinum status of 75,000 points. It vastly improves your seat selection options. With the first 10,000 point bonus you need 65,000 earned points. You can be creative on how to get there especially if you have some big spend items. If a policy limits how much you can charge as a deposit ect.. it’s almost always negotiable if you agree to pay part of the their card fee. Many things like Medicare premiums can be paid by card at zero cost.
As far as using FF miles to book flights I purchased quite a view tickets at under 20,000 points roundtrip from CLT to STT. Here is a pro tip. Once you purchase a FF ticket it can be cancelled unlike a normal ticket at zero cost to you. Check back every week or so on the mileage pricing for the flights you are booked on. If it drops cancel and rebook! One roundtrip flight I took last year dropped from 38,000 to 16,000 points. I rebooked twice as it dropped. One last thing to mention. If you have the advantage credit card booking hotels and rental cars through the AA site can be very lucrative for FF points. I am on a current two day hotel stay that netted me 15,000 points. Pricing is the same as if you book directly and you will get an offer for status with Avis after about a 35,000 spend on the AA advantage card.
To summarize FF points don’t expire and are how you buy tickets. Loyalty points reset to zero each March and determine your status for the next year. That’s all loyalty points are used for.
6 262 Read More
British Virgin Islands
7 hours ago
Many TMM fans on here.I was lucky enough to ride around on Mike and Jean Beswick's lovely Privelege cat that was in the TMM fleet..and it was well maintained and they were happy with TMM..Great memories..
11 617 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
10 hours ago
we just did it a few days ago,,, we preregistered on line ,, but upon arrival we were told we had to scan the QR code to sign the waiver,,,, that was a bit of a cluster, the app isnt perfect would have been nice to do that upon pre registering,,
(maybe we missed it?) and tricky standing in line
but once that was done,, no issue,, slow ride to the top 45 mins,,the Crew are great to get you seated in the lifts,,, once there the view is amazing,, sadly the sahara dust impacted a bit but not too bad,,,, drinks at the top were great,, and generous,, no time to bother eating however the restaurant at the bottom was open
so no food isn't an issue really,,,, had a lot of fun with the others in line and ,,, got hooked up and away we went,,,,
there are several options for rides,,, there are a couple Ziplines that go peak to peak and then the big Flying Dutchman..
We only did the Flying Dutchman,,,,,, it was worth it,,,,
only one minor gripe would be the washrooms,,,, no idea how some mobility challenge folks get down the tiny spiral staircase,, and the mens only has a urinal and a black light to see!!
6 758 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
11 hours ago
Thanks very much , one love . PS; Lesley lol.
3 516 Read More