Member Spotlight
ameless
ameless
Washington State
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
bvibev, jimma4191
Who's Online Now
37 registered members (RatmansWife, Jspoone, luvtotravel, Todd, JandIrene, jbutah, charlie, SXMScubaman, BHK, CaribbeanCanadians, Fitzhughlaw, hokiesailor, KirkB, timnboston, 706jim, MamaB, Todd_Melinda_K, JohnW, lcote, marisol, Kennys, dennis623, Steve27, Swifty, Whale Tail, jaxon60, marybeth, jagmansr, 9 invisible), 767 guests, and 82 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
British Virgin Islands
33 minutes ago
Meant to thank you Mal for the update! đź‘Ź

Yes we’ve been robbed by these sky pirates there and on other beaches…They are indeed quick and silent!
4 179 Read More
British Virgin Islands
35 minutes ago
Sounds like you are calling the main line. Do you have your representative's name that did your reservation? I always call and ask for him and get him right away or a call back that day. In all the years this has worked and even now with our current reservation this has worked.
12 854 Read More
British Virgin Islands
51 minutes ago
Ha! Malcolm, that rude chicken stole my delicious fish taco!!

So I was sitting in a low lounge chair and had my "taco in paradise" in my hand with just a mere bite out of it when out of nowhere, on my port side aft like a velociraptor from Jurassic Park, this high speed chicken snatched my precious taco and headed for the hills! Later, Patricia's partner said he would make sure that chicken was on the menu the next day LOL I think he was joking to make me feel better, or maybe not haha, but either way Patricia's is the spot!! and for sure BOLO for velocichickens!
4 179 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
58 minutes ago
"no one in the world could convince me that their breakfast is better than Reveil"
Couldn't agree with you more. Reveil Matin's breakfast is in a league of their own. Hands down.
11 383 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Yeah, I would skip on the Greek food.
11 383 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
We've literally never eaten there. So many restaurants..

I would highly recommend you give it a try. I would not go on a Saturday unless you really like Greek food as their Saturday menu selection centers around it.
11 383 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
Yes we definitely enjoyed Patricia over Nigel and look forward to her 🍔 in paradise and chicken! Great frozen drinks too, I hope…
4 179 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Yes. The pictures I saw just posted on various SXM Facebook sites by a frequent visitor and poster showed just a few on the boat. I don't mind a full boat as I like to see and talk to others.
8 562 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
There has also been an association with human trafficking and illegal migration. A month or so ago a larger inflatable disappeared in the middle of the night from Saba, the same night a boatload of illegals was discovered on that end of Virgin Gorda.

Dinghies have disappeared from West End, probably for similar reasons. At one point it was felt that flights from Beef to Santo Domingo served as a route for those who couldn't fly through US airports, and instead used the St. John-West End route. This is in addition to "entrepreneurial" runs. A group of illegals was picked up on their way to West End this morning.
15 1,277 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Jeanne--you are certainly dealing with the a/c situation better than I would. I would have checked out.

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. I probably asked this before, but do you have any pictures you can post?
1 89 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Had a great day at Cupecoy on Wednesday! The water could not have been more perfect! Dinner was at Roma. We shared the tomato & burrata appetizer and it was the best I have ever had! I had the Veal Osso Buco, others had lasagna, a pizza and chicken Parmesan. All meals were incredible! We went and visited with my favorite jeweler, Ravi at JN, and picked up our bling.

On Thursday we went to lunch at Captain Frenchy in Grand Case. Had a lovely lunch with dear friends! Excellent pasta carbonara! Then hung out at Dany’s for a bit.

AC is still out at RI but I’ve been ok with the fan. No idea when it will be fixed…. Not ideal, but not ruining my vacation. We have one more night here then back to our Air b n b in Jordan Village.
1 89 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
lcote--no one in the world could convince me that their breakfast is better than Reveil. Their combination of different breakfasts and their impressive fruits blow me away. I think you are partial to eggs benedict? I could really take or leave that.

JD--interesting how locals are often unfamiliar with places on island.
11 383 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
Most charter dinghy locks could be defeated with pliers, no need for bolt cutters. The deterrence in the BVI is there are almost always easier targets! I usually lock my dinghy in two spots, Cane Garden Bay and West End. Reading the threads I may have to rethink that in June.
15 1,277 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago

Yes.
11 383 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Carol, I think their breakfast is so much better than Reveil St Martin.
The waitress in the morning, Sally is an absolute HOOT! She is so funny!
11 383 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
JD--was that the first time Junior had been there?
11 383 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
Linda--I was looking at the sunset and dinner cruise. It looks like neither Celine nor No1SXM offers that? And god forbid, I agree with Scuba--a cruise on St Maarten day might well be jammed with locals.
8 562 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
I took Junior there a couple of years ago and he said his fish pot meal was the best he had ever had. He then went back with his wife.
11 383 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
We've literally never eaten there. So many restaurants..
11 383 Read More
British Virgin Islands
2 hours ago
George C1 is much more in tune with what’s happening in the BVI than me, but the word in parts of the local liveaboard-cruising community is that petty theft as well as dinghy and outboard theft has risen noticeably in the BVI over the last several months. I have heard several lively discussions about it recently. At least two cruisers gave accounts of thefts they were personally aware of. Whether accurate or not that’s an opinion working its way around segments of the local cruising community. Additionally, an operations manager at one of the biggest charter companies (not TMM where my boat was previously in charter) told me they were experiencing a definite uptick in dinghy thefts. He did not mention JVD as a “hotspot”. Nonetheless, I think it’s more than poorly tied dinghies or tidal theft.

In over 3 years we have never left our dinghy in the water overnight. It is always “lift and lock”. I know it’s easier on a catamaran. We have 20ft. of 8mm SS chain that runs through our outboard, gas tank, and a forward eye with 2 heavy duty locks. If someone really wanted to steal our dinghy at the dock they could undoubtedly do it; however, we hope our dinghy is one of the least inviting potential victims on the dock. Charterers are much more vulnerable because they are usually relying on a cable lock of some type that the average 10-year old could defeat. Just locking a dinghy, regardless of its pregnability, is at least a minor deterrent because most dinghies I see are not locked up at all.
15 1,277 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
I’m sure the teacher loved you when you told her there were 9 planets smile. By all accounts I’ve heard the winds are pressures people survived with Irma on SXM were greater than “the official 5” (157+ mph). I guess they haven’t gotten around to creating a 6 or 7 yet. Officially, Irma had 185+. Folks who survived have told me they think 200+. Either way, Cat 5++++. Club Fantastico is a survivor.
14 2,342 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
Always our first nights dinner.
11 383 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
5 hours ago
You can't go wrong with either Celine or No1SXM. Very different experiences, but both are delightful.
8 562 Read More
British Virgin Islands
9 hours ago
Patricia and Nigel are both there..but I say avoid Nigel and enjoy a great time with Patricia and her family.They have a porta "loo" behind their place.That Jeep "Safari" just doodles along and drives slooowly and stops along the north shore. Good food and vibes at Patricia's but watch for the burger stealing chickens! ( Right Laura??)
4 179 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
13 hours ago
Food is always good there. One of our go to places.
11 383 Read More
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6