Colour1 37
jomarc 36
jazzgal 33
Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
SandS
Who's Online Now
51 registered members (wmmoorejr, Sunlover28, JandIrene, tradewinds, bluejacket, Buddyhog, snuba, nevar37, road3682, GeorgeC1, bostonbob, xrayman67, Fletch, dolfer, MrTim-BTV, Wayne in Maine, duckfat, KC2SXM, pburke40, diver67, jbwest, mfringsley, chuckval, ckamradt, fabila, SeeDiver, Larkin, bkigar, RickG, dlparch, SXMNAN, 706jim, PML, MKGrey, ndfaninnc, Kegoangoango, 15 invisible), 178 guests, and 86 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
United States & Canada
24 minutes ago
Thanks to all for the great advice! After reading comments and talking with friends, we have basic travel plans in place. My husband and I are starting our visit on Oahu to visit the WWII memorial. The kids and grandkids are going straight to Kauai where we will spend a little over a week. We have a large house with a pool and two cars rented (per great advice from TTOLers). Now we need to work out the details. Bought “The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook” but I’m a teacher and no time to read until next week. Thanks again to all!
11 2,048 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
26 minutes ago
Thank you all. Very helpful. Yes - I remember the other road now. Didn't know if it was still good to use.

On volleyball, it was curious to me when it left because it happened quickly. Wondered if that was a covid thing or permit thing or 'just because'...

I will check back in late June about how summer numbers are looking to know when chairs might be filled in the mornings. smile
3 296 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
40 minutes ago
Sure sounds like it!! Link

What a hare brained idea..
0 32 Read More
British Virgin Islands
42 minutes ago
Meanwhile, trivia night and open mic night canceled in Coral Bay due to COVID outbreaks. Symptoms are minimal for everyone I have spoken to. We have six close friends presently testing positive for COVID - two went to Jazz Fest, two went to visit Mom in the hospital, two work in villa management. We are masking indoors again.

Cheers, RickG
2 83 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
45 minutes ago
Hope your trip is going great, mstngal!
12 540 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
46 minutes ago
The recommended time for international is 3 hours, as Scuba said. We try to do no less than 2.5 hours.
3 94 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
48 minutes ago
Have you EVER been held up at the Causeway bridge? I think we have been held up once there, for about two minutes.

It is concerning to me that this has happened, as the Causeway is not that old. It seems like maybe proper maintenance has not been done?
2 113 Read More
World Wide Travel
1 hour ago
Thank you Tom.
46 2,581 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
CariLee
Dont forget, you can get your Covid test printed at the front desk.
They will be happy to do it.

Drphilsxm
11 383 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
Hello,

Anyone know whether BEYC closes for the season and when they reopen? For example Saba reopens on October 16. Curious if BEYC has same type of thing. Also, any other places on VG also close for season?

Thanks in advance!
0 67 Read More
British Virgin Islands
2 hours ago
Two calendar days before, not 48 hours.
124 23,868 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
I am going to close this thread as it has become a target of spammers.
5 2,130 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
12 hours ago
Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Enjoy your day, Scuba!

We sure did Carol. Easy to do on St Maarten.
38 3,886 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:55 PM
CaribLee ,
If you want a hard copy just email it to the front desk.
They will print it for you.
Email to frontdesk@royalislander.com
If you want, go to the front desk and email it while you are there 🙂
Nice meeting and chatting with you guys while you were here.

Cheers
Drphilsxm
6 235 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Yep
7 657 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 10:03 PM
[quote=SVNorthStar]I don't share the certainty of others that we have enough info to know that operator was plainly out of bounds here, as likely as it may seem.{/quote]

I don't think anyone has implied he was out of bounds; rather he failed to properly attach to the mooring.
51 6,825 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:46 PM
Correct as long as you're vaxed. 15 for mandatory insurance and you're good to go. Negative test day before to return.
8 748 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:06 PM
cruzer--that is really good news, that they are starting work on Calmos! I miss that place!!
9 442 Read More
World Wide Travel
Yesterday at 08:53 PM
AT&T is the same $10 plan. As soon as you take your phone out of Airplane Mode the account gets charged $10 for 24 hours. That timer starts from the moment you turn on +24 hours not the calendar day.
We survived for two weeks in France with just Wi-Fi and Whats App. Wi-Fi is everywhere, and most the restaurants and bars have free service for customers. Apple facetime works also.

We also used Google maps for driving and walking around in the city. While we had service I would put in the way points and it downloaded the maps required. You do not require Wi-Fi for GPS, but you do need Wi-Fi for the maps.

The $10 pay as you go works out - if you need it you have it. If you do not need you do not pay.
3 51 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 08:35 PM
If you go to lagoonies it will be assumed that you are a sailor or work in that trade. You are almost certain to meet people who are at some stage of sailing up or down or in or out of the Caribbean nearly any hour they are open due to their reputation and proximity by dingy to places that sailors frequent. The food and drink is fine and the happy hour is an outstanding deal, but all of that is more less secondary to the people and their stories.
11 900 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 07:53 PM
Is Garfield still on Anegada? Is there a current contact for him?
0 176 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 06:25 PM
Probably so. Haven't been on the 590e before so am sure I will learn a lot about how this particular one works. But with 12 crew on board hard to say what demands will be made on energy consumption. And we will be a little more than a week.
9 344 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 06:22 PM
Thanks for the heads up Jason - these are the little curves that are not really evident in the government issuances.
9 205 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 02:44 PM
MJ and I stopped there for lunch one day, cocktails a couple times, we enjoyed it and the setting is clean and pleasant.
2 259 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 01:58 PM
Luxbar is great. Needs more exposure. Our group enjoyed a round of Pappy’s and some great friendship. Barkeep is great and very knowledgeable. The shop, across the street , has the best higher brands at good prices.( just not open all the time)
6 545 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2