Member Spotlight
Standrea
Standrea
Lake Tara, GA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online Now
22 registered members (Kmon, cabokid, Fitzhughlaw, ericlut, MrEZgoin, GeorgeC1, SXMScubaman, stevel13, panman, cbinparadise, xrayman67, mahokid, bostonbob, Fletch, 8 invisible), 487 guests, and 94 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
St. Maarten - St. Martin
7 minutes ago
JD kind of stole my post, but as he said, it's hard to beat a good day at Mullet!!

Glad you are feeling better.
5 195 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
29 minutes ago
Thanks very much!
2 124 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
I know it is nice to meet other members but usually most announce when when are traveling.
3 228 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Thank you Linda.
12 833 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
The food at Gizmos was really disappointing !
14 726 Read More
British Virgin Islands
5 hours ago
yikes, I guess that's "reasonable"
He doesnt mention the charter company he was with but this was the guy's post on BVI Charter Chat

"Given the fact that our dingy was stolen. And SEVERAL-reports of others, is there any way to get dingy insurance? It cost us ~8k. If not, it is unlikely we will return."
5 731 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
5 hours ago
I meant $32,850/day…..ain’t bad for Orient Bay. $230,000/7 = $32,850. Showing my work for the math teachers in the group.
3 374 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
5 hours ago
I've never been able to find a menu on line, but the menu is upscale and excellent. Menu changes at least seasonally if not more frequently. There are about eight (or so) steps from restaurant to beach. There is a railing. Beach attendants are wonderful, and water is some of the calmest (usually) on the island. It's my favorite location for a beach day. You definitely want a reservation for chairs and lunch.
8 587 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
5 hours ago
Correct.
10 695 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
6 hours ago
This doesn’t sound like you were at the right place. It’s a little difficult ti get on the correct road to the Anse Marcel Beech Club, if you went to the big resort that’s not it, then there is another group of units that I think are privately owned and are rentals. Once you get past them is where the “beach club” is.
16 935 Read More
World Wide Travel
6 hours ago
You can do it. We took Heathrow Express and got on the Blue “Big Bus London Tour”. You can buy your bus tour ticket online ahead of time.
8 2,979 Read More
Southern Caribbean
6 hours ago
You got it right. If you are not a diver/snorkeler, Bonaire is the wrong place unless you like picnics by water taxi to Klein Bonaire. Curaçao has way better beaches, some with facilities and food all over the island. But if you want snorkel/scuba, Bonaire is as good as we have ever had.

The distance between Bonaire and Klein Bonaire is less that a half mile (7 minute walk if you walk on water), but the dept of the water drops to like 1500 ft. Diving is spectacular from either shore. But most Bonaire beaches are sand on rock.
4 571 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
8 hours ago
Jeanne--wow, good job!!
3 419 Read More
British Virgin Islands
8 hours ago
Here is another contact if that did not work.

Virgin Islands Search And Rescue

visarbvi@gmail.com

284-494-4357
4 492 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
11 hours ago
Great thread. Going through my phone playlist. Never get it done with albums and CD's. Too many. Here are my personal favorites for those days on Orient or any other place on the island. Pretty eclectic I think. Jimmy Buffet's two classics, Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude and Fins. Tuesday Afternoon by the Moody Blues as well as Lovely to See You for all those friends we meet up with on the island since our last visit. Orinoco Flow and Storms in Africa by Enya when vegging out at the beach along with Grand Funk's I'm Your Captain/Closer to Home. Everyday People by Sly and the Family Stone and Make Your Own Kind of Music by the late, great Mama Cass. These two very special for those of you who still frequent the Club Orient part of the beach. Words are true. Gonna give a listen to those who recommended their favorites to perhaps become mine as well. Thanks for sharing everyone.
13 1,109 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
11 hours ago
Thanks. The word was April 1 for the closing when we were there in Feb. with a tall condo building in the works. We'll all know soon enough, I guess.
2 372 Read More
British Virgin Islands
12 hours ago
George and I are both owners... the owner use portion of the contract provides for returning to the base for fuel or new linens with no stated limitation. I don't know if that's true for regular charterers.

That said, I've hardly found it necessary. We've been out on a 45 for 4 weeks and used a fraction of our fuel.

Last November my wife and I were on a M5000 for 10 days prior to picking up guests (and topping up) and we had used 36 gallons.
19 839 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
13 hours ago
He used to post here but has not for a long time but I do see some postings elsewhere.
6 477 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
13 hours ago
To each his own….
6 636 Read More
British Virgin Islands
21 hours ago
That is kind of what I was thinking. Just worried about the extra traffic from the Puerto Rican Navy being there for Xmas in July. I usually test and check the mooring Balls as well.
5 414 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
23 hours ago
Re the Zithromax - oh, no. Hope you’re feeling better now..,,,,,
4 495 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 04:57 PM
If you hit edit and scroll down you'll find the delete option.
4 428 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 03:22 PM
I highly recommend bringing your own food with you to the airport, since there are not enough options there and the lines can be huge. We departed on a Sunday in March and stopped at L'Express bakery on our way from Orient for sandwiches and salads. We were very glad we did when we saw the lines for Domino's and Le Bistro by Bacchus.
2 359 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 12:37 PM
Try www.bookstmartin.com we stayed on a ground floor one bedroom, private back yard with covered patio, washer, clean and quiet, and it has a community pool, two minute walk to the village it was perfect for us, Apartment complex was called Maracuja
11 1,085 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:40 AM
Absolutely agree, Ed!
6 615 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2