Thanks for a couple of these recent posts, which I just took a closer look at since this thread resurfaced. We will absolutely plan to spend some solid time in Antigua and Barbuda (I'm a big fan of Anegada, though I really miss the days of 20 - 30 years ago, so expect Barbuda may be similar.)

Zanshin - I'd not previously seen your website, which I just briefly hit - thanks for this as its going to become more valuable to us as we plan our trip.

As for general planning, we are a solid green light on this trip which will begin May 7. In fact, I'm excited to meet our boat's owner in person this weekend at the Miami boat show. He'll be there "putting in his time" as an "active owner" with a charter fleet boat (even though his boat won't be there). I understand and know that drill well, having become acutely aware of how the charter industry works - much more so than I ever have, despite many years of chartering (as guest) and delivering boats myself.

Our current - albeit rough and fully adjustable plans depending upon May/June weather, and our own flexibility - call for us to sail as far as the northern coast of Guadaloupe (considering Dominica, though that will add another 3 - 5 days to the southern end of our trip), before heading to Antigua and back north and west to ultimately return the boat to Tortola.

Meanwhile, I'm retaking Coastal Navigation (ASA 105) just as a refresher (3 hours/week for 10 weeks), taking a diesel mechanics course, and spending much time thinking about other logistical items. Frankly, I'm enjoying all this as I prepare my family for our 8 week adventure.

With all of that being said, who knows??? We'll take it as it goes...